Urine test at 3rd class medical for THC

If you’re worried about that, there’s bigger things to be worried about on that form.

They only check for excessive glucose levels in the urine, a sign of diabetes.
At my AME, the six check is optional.

...and protein. More often than not, they'll do a 7-way test strip and check for ketones as well even though that is NOT part of the official test. It's just that those strips are easier to come by than stocking the individual ones.

No drug or alcohol test. I've never had a finger in the anus as part of an AME visit (that's reserved for my regular doc).

So there's a yes and no.

I try to stay focused. The question, THC tested for in the pee cup or not.

No test for drugs, again. Glucose and protein are the mandated test. The Chemstrip-7 also tests pH, ketones, nitrates, leukocytes, and blood. I got caught by this one time when doing Adkins because I was spilling ketones. I explained it to the AME and he had me go eat a bagel and come back for another UA.

Yes. Right after the lie detector test.

Can we please just answer the OP's question? NO, they do not test for THC on a 3rd Class Medical. Have an accident they will for sure.

Can we please just answer the OP's question? NO, they do not test for THC on a 3rd Class Medical. Have an accident they will for sure.

This is the answer as several others have said too. But if you are worried you will fail a THC test, then do everybody a favor and pick another vocation.

No test for drugs, again. Glucose and protein are the mandated test. The Chemstrip-7 also tests pH, ketones, nitrates, leukocytes, and blood. I got caught by this one time when doing Adkins because I was spilling ketones. I explained it to the AME and he had me go eat a bagel and come back for another UA.

I've been in ketosis many times when doing that test. No one has ever said anything to me. Maybe in some tests they can tell the difference in ketosis and ketoacidosis (diabetes)?

Do the rules against acting like a dick not apply in this forum?
Nope. In fact it seems to be pretty standard these days. It didn't use to be like this.

You'll learn pretty quick not to post anything on here because all the meat heads will just **** you off.

I've been in ketosis many times when doing that test. No one has ever said anything to me. Maybe in some tests they can tell the difference in ketosis and ketoacidosis (diabetes)?
Perhaps your doctor didn't use the Chemstrip-7, or he didn't bother to check the colors on other than the Protein/Glucose panels. Being in diet-induced ketosis very much showed in my exam. I was also using my diabetic son's ketostix we had lying around to test things out early on in the diet.

AME here. It checks for protein and glucose.

If the pilot is on a known SI for alcohol or drugs? it does include testing for those.....

but the usual wisdom Applies as to aviating with ANYTHING in your system.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back