Urgent--Quick Question Before Medical Today

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Hello! For those of you who don't know, I have a SODA for "no useful vision in the left eye." Rather more dramatic that the truth (it just doesn't correct to 20/20). But here's my question: I have my medical today, and the last time I couldn't get them to NOT test me on the portions of the eye exam from which I am exempt. Somehow I passed those anyway, but i don't want to go through that again. Please tell me, if you know, which portions, exactly, am I exempt from? I want to know when to ask to speak with the doctor and show him that SODA. Last time it was an assistant who did most of the testing.

Thank you so much!

Your SODA does not "exempt" you from any portion of the exam. The AME still has to test you on all areas and note the results. However, your SODA allows the AME to issue the medical certificate despite the fact that you don't pass those portions covered by the SODA.

I agree with Ron. I would still do the whole test, just note the SODA and if all else is good, issue the medical.

Barb(AME)

Sweet. Three more years. And I just did my BFR last month. IFR currency for me is flying with an instructor, three approaches per month, every month. I enjoy it. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back