urethral stricture

S

Scanned

Starting a few months ago I had a few painful bouts of hematuria and the associated awkward conversation with the gf. The cultures all came back negative for any of the fun microbes and no stones were detected on the CT scan. Based on a cystoscopy the urologist showed me that I have a lot of scaring (urethral strictures?) that he will go in and fix in a few weeks and presumably all should be ok after I heal from that procedure.

I'm not flying nor likely to try until early next year. When I go in for my medical (3rd class) next year, what records will I need to bring with me? I'll presume that this issue will be healed by then.

On a related note, is it somewhat common for CT scans to reveal issues unrelated to original reason for the scan? Looks like I've go to let them biopsy a rather large looking node with a rather long needle. Oh joy. :-|

I'm not a AME but can relate with your situation. Several years ago, I was informed that I had some pretty extensive scarring and would need outpatient surgery using a laser to correct. The surgery went well but the 2 weeks following the surgery were miserable (catheter).
Finally had the catheter removed and started ****ing like a fire hydrant. As far as the FAA was concerned, I provided all of the necessary dates and procedure info to my AME and had no problems obtaining my medical.

Good luck!

Operative note will be all you need.... plus the pathology from whatever they biopsied..... :)

Woohoo! Hurt like heck at first but now it's better. Just waiting for the biopsy results.

Random question about anesthesia. My bp was rather high the day of the urology stuff (135/80) and no one even commented about it. A few days later I went in for the biopsy (long needle through the back) and bp was 110/65 (Apparently I stress over my fun parts more than life itself? :) ). The anesthesiologist commented that it was low and would make things tricky for him.

Dr Bruce and others, is "normal" bp something that makes anesthesia riskier?

I can't imagine what the anesthesiologist was thinkin....and I am board certified in that area of medicine.

Good to hear it's done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back