Urbana Grimes Pirep

oregonboy109

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
oregonboy109
Hey everyone, I'm planning my first $100 hamburger run to Urbana tomorrow. I've never actually landed, taxied in, and parked at an airport before (besides my home field) and was wondering what to expect in general and/or at Urbana specifically if anyone has experience there. Any info is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Sam

It's nice and pretty simple. Be sure to see if the museum is open...on field and allow some time for it. Get some pie at the restaurant.

Give us locals a little More notice and we could do a meet up.

On weekends it can be very busy if it is a nice day. This time of the year during the week it shouldn't be too bad. As has already been mentioned be sure to check out the museum if it is open.

Hmmm... 30 miles from my home field and I've never been there. Seems like a nice little airport that I will have to check out at some point.

Kate, you could organize a fly in to Grimes. I would do my best to make the 17 mile trip!!!

Had a great time! Very easy and great food (must have the pie). Will definitely be back!

Attachments

• 0401151909.jpg
    0401151909.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 0401151909b.jpg
    0401151909b.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 22
That was you landing as I was waiting to depart. Perfect evening for a flight. I watched you pass by right off my nose and wondered whether that was a last model 150 or a 152. Good radio work rookie!

Hmmm... 30 miles from my home field and I've never been there. Seems like a nice little airport that I will have to check out at some point.

How could that be? Be alert for the bright yellow cub. He's nordo and I've seen him many times doing tng's in the grass including tonight.

That was you landing as I was waiting to depart. Perfect evening for a flight. I watched you pass by right off my nose and wondered whether that was a last model 150 or a 152. Good radio work rookie!

Haha thanks, I thought your plane looked familiar but couldn't quite remember where I'd seen it before. O and it's a 1977 152.

Just don't go on a Monday! The cafe used to be closed on Mondays I had to learn the hard way.

Back