UPS

Thomas

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Thomas
I just found out how United Parcel Service treats their loyal, indentured employees. It appears as tho they are insistant on finding any sort of faults in their drivers in order to suspend them over any sort of minor violation. That means no unemployment. No retirement! It happened again, the so called wanna be management wants to make a name for himself, herself, at the expense of a driver that has been on good standing in excess of 20 years and entitled to a retirement. This way, he looses all the earned benefits and a feather goes into some yoyo wanna be managements hat!! UPS saves a bunch at the employees expense!!!
I wont be having any more of my stuff sent UPS untill I hear any thing differant, and that dont mean from A WANNA BE manager from UPS!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to see you all rethink your shipping needs on the behalf of those UPS drivers retirement. Make UPS management rethink it all over again and do what is right!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've always heard good things from everyone I've known that works for UPS. So, based on that, I will continue to ship through them.

The anecdote is severely lacking in details, and it's the first poor thing I've heard about treatment of UPS drivers.

The only reason I might not use UPS is the following:

But that doesn't look like a management problem...

Gee, Thomas, what did they say you did?

I don't think too many people are going to take you seriously. You give no specifics, you start off essentially make something that it is UPS policy to treat their employees this way when, it's just (if it's true) a bad manager, and your spelling and punctuation are terrible.

Well...with all due respect, everything boils down to a management problem, including driver performance :nono: :smile:

Equally respectfully, I have found some employees to come up with horrific inadequacies all on their own.

The anecdote is severely lacking in details, and it's the first poor thing I've heard about treatment of UPS drivers.

The only reason I might not use UPS is the following:

But that doesn't look like a management problem...

Wow, that last guy is scary. He was already out of the vehicle, yet the wheels were still rolling. Yikes.

I just found out how United Parcel Service treats their loyal, indentured employees. It appears as tho they are insistant on finding any sort of faults in their drivers in order to suspend them over any sort of minor violation. That means no unemployment. No retirement! It happened again here in Spokane, the so called wanna be management wants to make a name for himself, herself, at the expense of a driver that has been on good standing in excess of 20 years and entitled to a retirement. This way, he looses all the earned benefits and a feather goes into some yoyo wanna be managements hat!! UPS saves a bunch at the employees expense!!!
I wont be having any more of my stuff sent UPS untill I hear any thing differant, and that dont mean from A WANNA BE manager from UPS!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to see you all rethink your shipping needs on the behalf of those UPS drivers retirement. Make UPS management rethink it all over again and do what is right!!!!!!!!

Why was this posted in Hangar Talk? This sort of rant belongs in Spin Zone.

I'm thinking there is another side to the story. Actually we haven't really heard either side of the story. :yikes:

I love my UPS delivery driver.....

156784d1252074680-best-ups-delivery-yet-rcc-upsgirl.jpg

:D

I guess you'll always find a 'unique' driver (judging from the videos and the photos).

Our local guy delivered a box to my house last week, in the freezing drizzle. When I got home, I found the package tucked into the only dry corner of my front porch, with a plastic bag covering it for protection.

I guess you'll always find a 'unique' driver (judging from the videos and the photos).

Our local guy delivered a box to my house last week, in the freezing drizzle. When I got home, I found the package tucked into the only dry corner of my front porch, with a plastic bag covering it for protection.

Hey, I've never had a problem with our local UPS drivers. Just pointing out the problems that I've heard of originate with the driver's handling of packages. :D

It happened again here in Spokane, the so called wanna be management wants to make a name for himself, herself, at the expense of a driver that has been on good standing in excess of 20 years and entitled to a retirement. This way, he looses all the earned benefits and a feather goes into some yoyo wanna be managements hat!! UPS saves a bunch at the employees expense!!!

A marginal employee can fly under the radar for a long time before getting caught doing something stupid and/or illegal. As indicated by the Youtube videos that were posted, A LOT of people have security cameras on their houses these days...

I just found out how United Parcel Service treats their loyal, indentured employees. It appears as tho they are insistant on finding any sort of faults in their drivers in order to suspend them over any sort of minor violation. That means no unemployment. No retirement! It happened again here in Spokane, the so called wanna be management wants to make a name for himself, herself, at the expense of a driver that has been on good standing in excess of 20 years and entitled to a retirement. This way, he looses all the earned benefits and a feather goes into some yoyo wanna be managements hat!! UPS saves a bunch at the employees expense!!!

So why exactly were you fired?

Last edited:
I tend to discount rants that are full of misspellings, bad grammar, and punctuation errors. Personally, I've never found fault with UPS, and have always been pleased with the service (and the dog biscuits our UPS local route driver carries). However, being a Denny Hamlin fan, I ship via FedEx when I have the choice for reasons having nothing to do with the service provided by either, but you David Ragan fans can do what you like.

Although if our UPS driver looked and dressed like ^^^^^her^^^^^, Denny might lose a fan.

Last edited:
I don't think UPS as a whole is the problem. If those comments are true, then it is purely an individual management problem. You cannot blame an entire company for that. Now if you see every UPS in the nation doing that, first off it would be all over the news and second you would hear a larger outcry from the public. I personally have not had any trouble with our UPS postal service. Every time I've received a package, it had been close to my front door. Not thrown on the porch or in the snow somewhere.
When it comes to employees, no matter what company you work for....someone is going to be a jerk or an idiot. If you don't see this, you haven't been in the work force long enough. It is, however, the job of the management to weed those guys out.

UPS rocks...we know our driver by name...Ollie...invite him to our parties and know his son and daughter...

We routinely intercept packages at the terminal to save a few precious hours...we have the local number (try that one if you think it is "nothing") and can get the drive to meet us anywhere if we are burning for a delivery..

YMMV....

I personally worked for UPS as a full-time 'seasonal' driver during the Christmas season a few years ago. I had to do the week-long driver training course and then had my own truck and route to take care of through the Christmas 'rush'.

Speaking from personal experience, UPS drivers are taken care of as well as they 'deserve'. The screw-ups get screw-up routes and never get offered overtime. There is a self-propagating disconnect between the unionized drivers and non-unionized management, which is a huge 'thanks' to the Teamsters. From what I learned by talking to the more intelligent drivers, the Teamsters are starting to wear out their welcome. One guy said that he was planning on retiring the next summer, complete with full health and a VERY nice pension. Unfortunately, the Teamsters renegotiated their contract and he lost health and about 1/3 of pension. Thanks, Teamsters!

Anywho... UPS drivers work long hours, and are monitored heavily on their productivity (measured down to the SECOND per packaged in some instances), but they are rewarded accordingly (the guy that was about to retire was bringing in over $70k/yr). Not bad for driving a truck around and dropping off packages. I'm just sayin...

I rarely have issues with UPS drivers for my personal shipping. We've had some issues with lost or damaged packages at work, but those usually turned out to be issues with processing, not the drivers.

I have an electric gate to my property that requires a code to gain entry. I feel comfortable enough with my regular driver to give him his own code. He routinely uses it to drive in to my property and leave my packages in a safe dry place near the house even though leaving them at the gate like FedEx insists on doing would be much easier for him. Occasionally there are drivers who must fill in for the regular guy though that are just as good (and I have no problem with him sharing the UPS entry code with them). I had a female substitute driver call me just before last Christmas and leave a message on my cell phone to warn me that the package she just left on my porch had a picture of the contents on the outside. Since it was obviously a childs toy, she wanted to warn me about the picture in case I had the child with me when I got home. She didn't want to spoil Santa's fun if it was a Christmas gift (which is was, for my niece 200 miles away). I think that was awfully nice of her, and I said so in a letter to UPS and a return phone call to her.

If you think UPS is bad, you should have tried Airborne.... :yikes:

Never not had a UPS delivery that wasn't brought to the door and had the bell rung. Had PLENTY of "unable to deliver package" slips in my UPSP mailbox, however ... I guess there's too many steps from the mailbox to the door for my USPS delivery person.

for some unexplainable reason i usually prefer UPS for shipping. although these flat rate boxes at the post office are awfully tempting. but they are still the USPS.

Never not had a UPS delivery that wasn't brought to the door and had the bell rung.

Me too. Including a guitar with a snapped headstock that took 9 months to get UPoS to pay for. And a guitar amp that had the transformers ripped loose from the chassis. And...

Trapper John

My cousin works for USPS and even he tells me to ship UPS or FedEx. I tend to use FedEx cause one of their Caravan pilots let me fly with him.

Back