Upper Midwest - 68C - Iola, WI Friday Lunch

Just checked plane availability, and nothing available until noon, so I couldn't be up there until almost 2:00. Doesn't sound like it'll work.

I am already planning to go. I have a student booked.

Unless the weather is crummy I'll be there!

Alright! I get to meet somebody!

I'm going then. I'm the pudgy guy in the red/white Citabria.

Tim

I am already planning to go. I have a student booked.

Unless the weather is crummy I'll be there!

Well, I managed to get a plane, but not until 4:00. I'll be flying disaster relief packages from Rockford to Cedar Rapids with Angel Flight. Even if you aren't already an Angel Flight pilot, you can still help out at the Rockford airport starting at 10:00 AM sorting and weighing boxes. That is, if you would rather not go to Iola! :)

Alright! I get to meet somebody!

I'm going then. I'm the pudgy guy in the red/white Citabria.

Tim

I'll be in the red & white 172 in my avatar. We will probably be landing right before noon just in time to get in the back of the line. :eek: hehe

Well, I managed to get a plane, but not until 4:00. I'll be flying disaster relief packages from Rockford to Cedar Rapids with Angel Flight. Even if you aren't already an Angel Flight pilot, you can still help out at the Rockford airport starting at 10:00 AM sorting and weighing boxes. That is, if you would rather not go to Iola! :)

Grant that is a much more noble undertaking! :)

Friday, 25th of July, I will most likely be there if anyone can make it. Red/White Citabria.

Tim

I am flying down to BRF on Friday afternoon then to DLL for The tailwind bash on Sat. The guys at Stewart Systems are going to be there. They are bringing me a boat load of paint. They will also answer any questions for those of you who do not go to Oshkosh. I thought there were going to be TS on Fri? I could have made it but I already promised the family to take them to BRF after 3:00 so I cannot leave early. Saturday looks better so if anyone does not go on Fri swing over to DLL on Saturday.

Dan

We're going to do a club fly-out to 68C for the Friday lunch on May 29th, if anyone wants to see me (and maybe Pete and David?) I'll/we'll be there. :yes:

68C.jpg

Here is a rare Cessna spotted at 68C...

There seems to be a bunch of people going (in the other thread). I'm going to try and get the day off and go. Hope to see some of you there.

Tim

Looks like we'll be in N8741E. 71G is having prop governor issues and 83F is getting its electrical fuel pump replaced.

Okay, we're planning to come in N7111W, if we can get our cars straightened out. We're having problems with both of them right now. :(

Okay, here are some of my photos. It includes a flying shot of one of the planes in Kent's lineup above.

1 - EdFred in his new Comanche 250.
2 - Scott Migaldi in his Warrior
3 - many of the PoA planes at the end of the field. I guess we all got there late? The first one is't one of ours. Then is EdFred's Comanche 250, Grant & Leslie's Skylane, Kent's Archer, and pulling out, Scott's Warrior. Not shown is Tim's Citabria.
4 - The Waco from Kent's earlier posting taking off
5 - They have a few models hanging from the ceiling of the hangar!
6 - Some of the PoAers after lunch: Leslie, Tim, Tim's wife Kiely, Leslie's mother Mary, EdFred, and Scott.
7 - Gathered outside the hangar after lunch. Shown include Leslie and Mary, Kent and his fellow members (names escape me), Kiely & Tim, Scott, and EdFred.
8 - The Hegy HE-12 on takeoff

(Note: PM me correct names and I'll fix any errors.)

I'd estimate about 30 plus planes were there at the height. There was a flyby of a Westwind(?) jet just as we arrived. Last week they had three Blackhawk helicopters stop in for lunch. There was a Meyers (low-wing taildragger) there, along with numerous Citabrias, Cubs, RVs, etc.

The mother-in-law really enjoyed herself. We're sorry Kate couldn't make it!

Attachments

• EdFred_Comanche_s.png
    EdFred_Comanche_s.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
  • ScottMigaldi_Warrior_S.png
    ScottMigaldi_Warrior_S.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • POAPlanes_S.png
    POAPlanes_S.png
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • waco-S.png
    waco-S.png
    905.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 68C_Hanging_Planes-S.png
    68C_Hanging_Planes-S.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 5
  • POAers.png
    POAers.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • POAers_unposed.png
    POAers_unposed.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • Hegy_HE-12-S.png
    Hegy_HE-12-S.png
    873.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Some of my photos from the event.

1. A lot of the PoA place parked down that way There is Ed's, mine, Grant's and Mike's
2. Biplane taking off
3. The barn, this was after many had left. It was packed during the lunch.
4. One of the lunch goers departing
5. A non-flyin participant but a beautiful bird. Sandhill Cranes are very common in Wisconsin, to see them soaring is really neat.

Attachments

• DSC_0129.JPG
    DSC_0129.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0130.JPG
    DSC_0130.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0135.JPG
    DSC_0135.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0139.JPG
    DSC_0139.JPG