upload SIG PIC here

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
coupl'a folks have the same idea about a solution to sig pics, or not being able to upload a pic directly into your sig. so, feel free to use this thread, upload a pic here, grab the url for it and insert THAT into your sig. no need for chatting here, just upload ur pic for use in ur sig, that's it. I'll start.

mods, any issue with this method?

Yes. Let's not do this yet. Let me look at xenforo. For now just upload to imgur.

I've been slammed this week at work and just haven't had time to look at it (and Troy had been on a business trip as well).

Yes. Let's not do this yet. Let me look at xenforo. For now just upload to imgur.

I've been slammed this week at work and just haven't had time to look at it (and Troy had been on a business trip as well).

OK, I uploaded the map to imgur and I still get nothing but a square box in the sig. Now what?

Jim

OK, I uploaded the map to imgur and I still get nothing but a square box in the sig. Now what?

Jim
try this link, not the one you used:
http://i.imgur.com/FdBakQd.jpg
FdBakQd.jpg

nothing to see here, please carry on.
You're missing a segment. KDTO to T35, Cameron, TX. That's where I let him out of his envelope and he started his reign of terror at Bryan's.

What's so difficult about uploading to imgur?

u gotta sign up for that, right?
No. Anon uploads are integral to imgur.

I've researched it. The reason the behavior is different with Xenforo is that vbulletin owners end up with hundreds and thousands of abandoned pics. Signature pics are transient by nature. Whereas thread pics are intended to be long-lived. Because they don't know when you edit your signature and are no longer using the picture it pretty much has to stay on the server forever regardless of whether or not it's being displayed.

I guess...whatever. Do what you gotta do.

aight, fine. I would put more effort into arguing this but honestly I don't really care if I have a sig pic or not. but I'd be curious to know the amount of users that HAD sig pics in the old site compared to how many have them now. honestly, I don't care, I'm just bustin ur balls. but I aint using imgur.

mods, please change the title of this thread to "DON'T upload SIG PIC here".

No, that map completely misses both the handoff to me at 06A and the joyride over nearby AUO, replacing them both with some place in north Alabama.

I've been removed . . . . <sniff!>

don't think I knew about AUO.........here's what I have around your handoff..........1AR9 KSTF K06A KPUJ KPDK.......is this not right? give me your joyride routes and I'll and em

That route looks correct, and it's on the little map. But I've been removed from the big map, the one that's supposed to be "complete" . . . Our joy ride over the Auburn stadium was a simple 06A =>AUO => 06A, with a TnG on the long runway. It may be too short to see on the map, though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 7
That route looks correct, and it's on the little map. But I've been removed from the big map, the one that's supposed to be "complete" . . . Our joy ride over the Auburn stadium was a simple 06A =>AUO => 06A, with a TnG on the long runway. It may be too short to see on the map, though.

I did NOT have that joyride in my notes, I do now. no joyride shall be left behind!!

OK,what was wrong with the one I used I cut and pasted it directly from the website.

And how do I get rid of that little rectangle to the right of the map?

Thanks,

Jim

you used the link to the page that contained the image. the link I sent you was directly to the image itself. I believe you still have the old link in your signature. go to where you can edit your signature and remove it from there.

I'm not sure if I'm repeating something that people already know, but when you link to an image on another site, right click on the image and choose "copy image address". Then on this forum, use the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun to link to the image.

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 14.12.46.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 14.16.01.png

Here is the finished product.

FdBakQd.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm repeating something that people already know, but when you link to an image on another site, right click on the image and choose "copy image address". Then on this forum, use the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun to link to the image.

View attachment 44751

View attachment 44752

Here is the finished product.

Yes, you missed it. Go back and read the thread.

Jim

Yes, you missed it. Go back and read the thread.

Jim
Maybe it will help someone else who doesn't know how to link to an image and tries to link to a page instead. Like you did the first time.

Back