Upgrading medical from 3rd to 1st with OSA SI

L

Let say John

I have a 3rd class now with an OSA SI with a limitation it’s only valid for one year and I need the OSA reauth. That expires in Dec.

I’m looking to apply for my 1st class in next month. If I get OSA reauth letter from doc now and baring any other issues would my 1st class be valid for 12 months from visit date? And since I already have the SI is the issuance easy?

And let’s jsut say there is something that prevents me from getting a 1st class but is fine for a 3rd, would my 3rd still be valid?

Need approval of FAA to go from 3rd to 1st while current medical is issued as a SI. Apply and defer to FAA or write them and ask. regardless you should be able to continue with 3rd class as per latest SI ltr issued to you.

Need approval of FAA to go from 3rd to 1st while current medical is issued as a SI. Apply and defer to FAA or write them and ask. regardless you should be able to continue with 3rd class as per latest SI ltr issued to you.
That is in theory correct. However, as the standard for SI for SA is the seam for First as for third, I have simply issued these in the past and the confirmatory Auth letter is issued by the agency.

But, AMEs gotta be careful about knowledge as this only works for the conditions for which the SI requriements are IDENTICAL class vs. class.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back