Upgrade autopilot

Frank Buoni

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
fbuoni
I have a Cessna 210 with a Cessna 300 autopilot and want to upgrade what should I use?

What model 210? If it's one of the ones that are on the GFC-500 STC, I'd suggest that route. Otherwise, I'd suggest the S-tec 3100.

Unfortunately the E models aren’t on the GFC500 STC, but they are on the S-tec 3100 STC. I have the 3100 in my T210L, upgraded from the 55X. It’s a great autopilot. There are some other options, but they’d be older analog autopilots and I wouldn’t spend the money to install one of those. The options that are available to some other smaller airframes aren’t yet available on the 210 like the TruTrak or the Trio, so right now I’d say for the 3100 would be your best option.

I have a Cessna 210 with a Cessna 300 autopilot and want to upgrade what should I use?

Good Morning,

As others have mentioned, for your aircraft I would recommend the 3100 autopilot as that is the newest and best technology available at a great price.

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC 3100 is a fully featured, attitude-based autopilot that gives you a list of workload-reducing and safety-enhancing capabilities that were previously unavailable on aftermarket autopilots. Compatible with traditional steam gauges or advanced digital sources & EFIS displays from various manufacturers, the S-TEC 3100 delivers unmatched features and benefits:

• Precise, digital flight control for every phase of flight
  • 2-axis (3-axis option on some models)
  • Automatic Trim included
  • Envelope Protection/Alerting*
  • Straight and Level Recovery
  • Precision Approaches/Missed Approaches
  • Indicated Airspeed Hold*
  • Altitude Preselect*
  • And much more!
*Additional equipment may be required in some configurations

For more information on the 3100 please view this link:

https://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system

You can find a list of S-TEC dealers here if you would like to call around to check on install prices and shop availability:

https://genesys-aerosystems.com/dealer-locator

For aircraft that already have a legacy S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.

For aircraft that need a complete new system the 2-axis S-TEC 3100 is $19,995 which comes standard with automatic trim. The 3-axis version adds Yaw Damper and is $24,995 retail. You would need to talk to your dealer about installation time/price. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Doug Tellef
Field Service Engineer/Pilot
P: (817) 215-7628
M: (940) 452-4882
Email: Doug.Tellef@genesys-aerosystems.com

Genesys Aerosystems
Precise Performance, Proven Experience, Personalized Attention

Last edited:
Maybe offer up your plane to Garmin for the STC work on the GFC500.

Good Morning,

As others have mentioned, for your aircraft I would recommend the 3100 autopilot as that is the newest and best technology available at a great price.

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC 3100 is a fully featured, attitude-based autopilot that gives you a list of workload-reducing and safety-enhancing capabilities that were previously unavailable on aftermarket autopilots. Compatible with traditional steam gauges or advanced digital sources & EFIS displays from various manufacturers, the S-TEC 3100 delivers unmatched features and benefits:

• Precise, digital flight control for every phase of flight
  • 2-axis (3-axis option on some models)
  • Automatic Trim included
  • Envelope Protection/Alerting*
  • Straight and Level Recovery
  • Precision Approaches/Missed Approaches
  • Indicated Airspeed Hold*
  • Altitude Preselect*
  • And much more!
*Additional equipment may be required in some configurations

For more information on the 3100 please view this link:

You can find a list of S-TEC dealers here if you would like to call around to check on install prices and shop availability:

For aircraft that already have a legacy S-TEC autopilot installed, the upgrade price will depend on the equipment already installed. The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features which it will bring. Upgrades start at $9,995 retail.

For aircraft that need a complete new system the 2-axis S-TEC 3100 is $19,995 which comes standard with automatic trim. The 3-axis version adds Yaw Damper and is $24,995 retail. You would need to talk to your dealer about installation time/price. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Doug Tellef

Genesys Aerosystems
Precise Performance, Proven Experience, Personalized Attention

That's interesting information. I'm not OP, but thanks.

Back