Update 4 26

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
It has been a good week and a bad week. As of Tuesday's Oncologist appt, my weight is down to 133. Given that strength and weight are correlated, this is an indication of my strength level. Consequently, we cancelled this weeks chemo. This is the last one we can cancel. We must get back in it, before we lose the fight by default.

A couple of friends from POA came over last Saturday and we spent a very enjoyable 1.5 hours. Wore me out, but it was so much fun!! Would love to see more of y'all.

As of Thursday, it seems that My appetite and ability to eat are getting useable. Maybe the weight and strength problem will work out by next Thursday in time for the next chemo.

The couple looking at the plane found themselve in over there heads and are backing out for the time being. So we are again actively seeking a buyer. The current insurance expires May 15, so we need to hurry.

Wishing you all the best with both chemo and airplane sale.

Geez what a tough row to hoe.

John

Like I said, eat yummy high calorie stuff. Now is the time for cheesecake. Enjoy, and good luck with the plane. BUt remember, don't sweat the small stuff. Compared to what you;re going through, the aircraft is peanuts.

Bo, sorry the plane deal didn't work out. It happens. I take it your doc has given you some idea of what to eat to help with the weight loss. Keep plugging away. Small steps.

PM sent about the aircraft.

I have flown that plane, it's solid.

Blue and yellow, too!

Ginormous inside.

Bo,

Wishing pounds and strength your way my friend. Enjoy the break from chemo then dust off, pull that hat down tight and get back to the fight. Mary and I are keeping you and Sandra in our thoughts.

Bo,
Glad to hear your are still fighting.
Eat everything you can to keep your weight up.
We'll keep praying for you.
Eric

Thursday night, I weighed before getting ready or bed. 133.2. Up point two, whoopee. nothing significant considering I has eaten a good dinner.
I didn't think about it mu7ch Friday, but bedtime brought a big surprise. I had eaten good all day and now the scales trumpeted 137.0. Same thing last night. Maybe we have turned the corner.
Back to the chemo this week, but maybe the larger diet will keep the effects from being so catastrophic.

Bo, maybe after you recover from this next round, we can fly to Hard 8 in the Bo-nanza.

Eating your weight in smoked sirloin can't be a bad thing...

Hang in there, Bo.
Maybe the couple being in over their heads is somebody telling you, you'll beat this.

I can send you my daily menu....seems a sure bet for weight gain if recent months are any indication! Prayers for a full recovery soon.

Don't think of it as weight loss but gain of useful load!

Hang in there -

But, but, I finally appear to be gaining weight. That's what I need more than anything right now.

Back