Upcoming story about "pilot shortage"......

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
to air on the Today Show Monday Morning. They claim people will be surprised why the pilot community is shrinking. We'll see. Just a heads up if you want to watch it.

David

Oh boy. Cant wait. Nah, it'll be the same old material, cost of flying, regionals not paying a decent salary (better now), large loans to learn to fly, etc etc.

and also there's news about getting the pilots' out of the cockpit altogether

The pilot shortage is a myth. I can personally attest to the fact that there has been a pilot in the cockpit every time I’ve gone flying. Sometimes two pilots.

Mr and Mrs America really could not care less that pilot wages are not high enough to staff all the open positions.

So far as they're concerned, this is the same as Beverly Hills residents complaining that the Rolls Royce dealership can't stock enough new Phantoms to satisfy their demand.

Mr and Mrs America really could not care less that pilot wages are not high enough to staff all the open positions.

So far as they're concerned, this is the same as Beverly Hills residents complaining that the Rolls Royce dealership can't stock enough new Phantoms to satisfy their demand.

But Mr. And Mrs. America do care about their cheap airfare. I chuckle a bit when people complain about how airlines treat them - being "herded" and crammed into tiny seats on planes with no menu items.

You're the one that wanted $200 round trip airfare. This is how you get it.

Back