up limit switch

hunt club boy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
150 flyer
I am looking for a up limit switch for my 150m,can anyone steer me to a web site that sells this part.i searched the web but couldn't find it.thanks doug

Are you talking about a flap limit switch? Just wanted to clarify.

Don't have a suggestion for new parts but you might try any of the numerous salvage yards.

yes,it controls the flaps,i can reach up thru the access hole in wing and depress the down limit switch but the up switch butten is depress and will not click back up,i sprayed wd 40 on it,i guess it is just wore out.

Do you have a P/N? Any one of the hundreds of Cessna parts places should have one.

Doug,

From your post I'm guessing you don't have a parts catalogue, or service manual that describes the rigging procedure. Please consider finding an A&P that can inspect your work and properly document the repair, in case you weren't going to do that anyway :)

Doug,

From your post I'm guessing you don't have a parts catalogue, or service manual that describes the rigging procedure. Please consider finding an A&P that can inspect your work and properly document the repair, in case you weren't going to do that anyway :)

Yeah, that. Flight control systems are serious stuff, and an improperly rigged switch can keep the flap motor running and put so much stress on the flaps and tracks that the structures are damaged.

It's a microswitch. Some guys are in the habit of spraying lube in there on the jackscrew, and it gets into the switches and gums them up. Spray lube is NOT the way to go in there. The jackscrew should be wiped clean and a little bit of SAE 10 non-paraffin oil wiped onto the screw with a rag.

I bet the other microswitch is about to quit, too.

Dan

I am going to airport this morning and work on it some more.i have a small can of cleaner I bought at radio shack that should mybe work,will try it.i can see green goo all over the jack screw so the switch is probably covered in it for sure.thanks

I am going to airport this morning and work on it some more.i have a small can of cleaner I bought at radio shack that should mybe work,will try it.i can see green goo all over the jack screw so the switch is probably covered in it for sure.thanks

The microswitch isn't a sealed unit. The green goo will have penetrated it entirely and gummed up the tiny mechanism in there. The only hope for saving that switch is to take it out and immerse it in contact cleaner and work it about a thousand times and then blow it out and immerse it again and work it for another hour.

Much better to buy a new switch and get it right. It's a pain taking those out and reinstalling them and getting the rigging just right again. Saving $20 or whatever on a switch just doesn't make sense. Besides, it sounds like the whole actuator needs a good cleaning, and I've taken them out just to get at the switches more easily anyway.

A failed up-limit switch can get deadly. If it doesn't close when the actuator lowers the flaps, it won't let the flaps come back up, a very bad thing in an overshoot in a 150 at gross on a warm day. A new switch really starts to look economical at that point.

Dan

thanks dan,i found the switch at yingling aviation for 12 bucks and change,while I was at it I bought two,i had the a=p at my airport look up the part number for me,they should be here this Friday and will install Saturday if weather is nice,thanks

thanks dan,i found the switch at yingling aviation for 12 bucks and change,while I was at it I bought two,i had the a=p at my airport look up the part number for me,they should be here this Friday and will install Saturday if weather is nice,thanks

Smart move sir.......:thumbsup:

Back