Unpublished Hold

Flying_Nun

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying_Nun
I tackle an unpublished hold and break stuff. Not in that order.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I tackle an unpublished hold and break stuff. Not in that order.

Noticed your instructor said you could turn back inbound early if you wanted to. FWIW the FAA's recommended procedure is one minute for the outbound leg during 'entry' for Parallel and Teardrop entries. It's after entry is done and you are 'in holding,' that the leg lengths apply.

Sorry, tl;dr or rather tl;dw.

What did you break?

Noticed your instructor said you could turn back inbound early if you wanted to. FWIW the FAA's recommended procedure is one minute for the outbound leg during 'entry' for Parallel and Teardrop entries. It's after entry is done and you are 'in holding,' that the leg lengths apply.

Good point. I'm going to have to fire him now.

Sorry, tl;dr or rather tl;dw.

What did you break?

Clickbait! Compass bracket. It was already compromised but came from apart on my flight.

Good point. I'm going to have to fire him now.

Clickbait! Compass bracket. It was already compromised but came from apart on my flight.

Lol. He said you could turn back in early so he wasn't being a slave to the 2 minute legs. It's really not a big deal for slower airplanes anyway. Fast ones can exceed the airspace to be protected though by going out to long during entry on a Teardrop.

;) I did notice your instructor messing with something early on, guess that was it.

Lol. He said you could turn back in early so he wasn't being a slave to the 2 minute legs. It's really not a big deal for slower airplanes anyway. Fast ones can exceed the airspace to be protected though by going out to long during entry on a Teardrop.
He does always impress upon me the importance of staying in the protected airspace.

Back