United States VFR Wall Map

Wow, yeah, Joe - that's what I want. Only $3.99 instead of $40?? Sign me up! :)

The best one that I have found and hangs on my wall is JNCA-5 (Jet Navigation Chart -high altitude) published by the US national Imagery and Mapping Agency. It is 1:3,000,000 scale and covers from 24 deg N to 48.5 deg n and from about 75.5 W to 127.5 W : that is ALL of the US and a good part of Canada from the Pacific but cuts off part on the north East New Brunswick and all of Nova Scotia. This is all dispalayed on one side, the other side is blank and is about 4 ft x 4 ft . Cities , topoghraphic detail and enough aeronautical info is displayed making this my first choice for VFR trans continental flight planning as well as great looking wall chart that doesn't need to be pasted together.

Bought it at Oshkosh for 5 bucks but I can't remember from who. Love to have another for the hangar. If you locate a supplier pls post the info.
Ben

acrodisiac said:
The best one that I have found and hangs on my wall is JNCA-5 (Jet Navigation Chart -high altitude) published by the US national Imagery and Mapping Agency. It is 1:3,000,000 scale and covers from 24 deg N to 48.5 deg n and from about 75.5 W to 127.5 W : that is ALL of the US and a good part of Canada from the Pacific but cuts off part on the north East New Brunswick and all of Nova Scotia. This is all dispalayed on one side, the other side is blank and is about 4 ft x 4 ft . Cities , topoghraphic detail and enough aeronautical info is displayed making this my first choice for VFR trans continental flight planning as well as great looking wall chart that doesn't need to be pasted together.

Bought it at Oshkosh for 5 bucks but I can't remember from who. Love to have another for the hangar. If you locate a supplier pls post the info.
Ben

Scroll up to Joe W.'s post..... same~same.

Steve said:
At the airport we had a wall chart made up of WAC charts...

I saw someone do that with sectionals for a whopping portion of the lower 48 on a hangar wall once. Lat/Long alignment problems galore and it wasn't complete because it wouldn't fit but it was still impressive.

I have wac CG19 hanging up on my wall. It takes a large chunk of space, so much so that I don't think I could put any more on it...but if I had a hanger, I'd prolly get most of the US up there. I tried it with sectionals, and they line up, but it takes forever to line them up properly.

BillG said:
Does anyone know of a good VFR wall map? I found this one: http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?DID=19&CATID=92&Product_ID=4113&count=3&Pcount=5 but I am wondering what else there is to compare it to. I'm looking for something for both display and for planning purposes.

NACO
IFR/VFR Low Altitude Planning Chart
One time sale . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $4.75

Described here:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/catalog/charts/planning/ela

Unfortunately, the chart you really wanted is no longer available from FAA. It was two piece ala this one, but it was much larger (~50"x100") and showed more airports. The above chart does not depict airports with other than hard surface runways, or of runway length less than a certain relative large value (4000' ???).​

fgcason said:
I saw someone do that with sectionals for a whopping portion of the lower 48 on a hangar wall once. Lat/Long alignment problems galore and it wasn't complete because it wouldn't fit but it was still impressive.

This is at Fairfield County Airport (KFDW) in Winnsboro, SC.

Sorru, not the same. Political boundary maps are a everywhere. at any bookstore The JNCA-5 is a bona fide aeronautical chart that in my opinion is just about right for long range VFR planning and aavoids the cut and paste mess that everyone notes.

Carol said:
This is at Fairfield County Airport (KFDW) in Winnsboro, SC.

Very nice. I like.

I always wondered what it would look like done properly on a wall instead of tacked/taped up or framed. I may just have to do that when I get my own place...which just might have to be really soon...

fgcason said:
Very nice. I like.

I always wondered what it would look like done properly on a wall instead of tacked/taped up or framed. I may just have to do that when I get my own place...which just might have to be really soon...

The woman who ran the FBO in 2002 (and may still, I don't know) put it up. Might be worth a call to talk to her and discuss it.

Carol, that is GREAT. Love to do that in my living room, but it's probably a bit over the top. That JNCA5 that Joe and Ben mentioned is exactly what I was looking for - it's already on order.

fgcason said:

La Junta - KLHX has a wall like that in the terminal.

Those on the links above are OK, but since PPL, the largest wall in my house gets sectionals of BC to California & out to somewhere in the flatlands east. Deleted same sectional format in my office because it scares regular folks, so went to WACs.

Back