United Airlines Aviation Program

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Copied from APC:

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/06/metro-state-united-airlines-aviation-program/

Looks like a trial at this one school for now. I'm sure more aviation schools will follow.

1.) Students with at least their IR, CPL, and a 3.0 GPA may interview with United.

2.) If accepted into the CPP, they are set up with interviews with ExpressJet, Air Wisconsin, and CommutAir to build their United Express hours.

3.) Move on to United when their CPP number comes up.

I wonder if they brand or barcode their new cattle?

Looks like a lot of effort to avoid offering the large populous of qualified pilots a proper wage to attract them.

Not a lack of pilots, it's a lack of pay.

James James James! What is it with your airline beef? Not for you, ok, but there are a lot that it is for.

James James James! What is it with your airline beef? Not for you, ok, but there are a lot that it is for.

Sadly they lead the pay scale for much of aviation, which includes me.

And their insistent marketing about how there is this mythical "pilot shortage" vs being honest that the pay is what's really in shortage, that's my issue.

Nah there's something else that makes you attack anyone with airline aspirations.

I don't see the difference between this new program and what Metro's had for years. There's always been a pro pilot track, and the airlines have always shown up to interview soon-to-be grads. From my POV, it's just dangling a carrot that may or may not be real. But then I'm over in the CS Dept, which is across the street from the Aviation & Aerospace Dept.

Disclaimer - I took my PPL & IR ground school as well as Aerodynamics at Metro. Definite disadvantage that I wasn't a pro pilot major, just someone who wanted to take the ground school. On the other hand, as another faculty member pointed out, I was more serious about it than many of the alleged majors!

I like pie bookmarking

So where in the process does United train their folks to smash guitars over doctors’ heads before giving away their seats to congresswomen?

Not a lack of pilots, it's a lack of pay.

$74,000 first year with a 21,100 sign on bonus with United Express.

For some reason they think I am interested in flying for an airline and keep contacting me.

$74,000 first year with a 21,100 sign on bonus with United Express.

For some reason they think I am interested in flying for an airline and keep contacting me.

But what's the protected pay per the CBA?

The here today gone tomorrow, read the fine print, "bonuses" are not nearly the same as making the pay a clean 100k per year per the CBA.

Flying a type rated plane with a hundred lives you're responsible for, the pay should be STARTING at 100k.

It’s nutty out there right now, that’s for sure.

The funny part about United recruiting out of a Denver school is that DEN is such a senior base, the folks hired will be commuting or moving, guaranteed.

It’s nutty out there right now, that’s for sure.

The funny part about United recruiting out of a Denver school is that DEN is such a senior base, the folks hired will be commuting or moving, guaranteed.

Meh, they won't listen. Theys livaaann' da dreeeeeuuuuum! :D

Back