Unique Custom Upholstery

Red Eagle Avionics

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RedEagleGM
Hey everyone,

I'm doing this as a favor for a guy that I just met today. His name is Brian Sutton, and he's the owner of UCU - Unique Custom Upholstery. He's making a go at starting his own business. He was recently employed at Dassault Falcon Jet here at Wilmington, and left there to start his own venture.

He guarantees his workmanship, provides free estimates, and can perform complete overhauls on your upholstery in any of the following: aircraft, autos, bikes, boats, you name it! He can do seats, headliners, carpets, convertible and vinyl tops, and anything else that can be wrapped. Whatever material you need, he can get ... even the fire-safe materials that some of our aircraft seats are wrapped in.

He gave me a down-time example of having all seats re-upholstered in a 172, no matter what choice of material, with a down-time of 7 to 10 days. He has his own shop here in Delaware and performs fantastic work. I have photographs of the back seat in his Jeep that he did, and I also have photographs of the interior of an RV-9A that is parked in our hangar. He performed the "Experimental" emroidering on the back splash above the cargo compartment. I'll post the photos when I get home either tonight or tomorrow.

If you wanted to take advantage of this service, yet you live a decent ways away from Delaware, I offer you this option: Fly into Red Eagle with a chase plane, and I'll offer a free grass tie-down spot for the week or two that your plane is here getting upholstered.

Once again: Brian Sutton, Unique Custom Upholstery, call him on his cell: 302-996-0982. His credentials stand up. Help a guy get his feet on the ground and get started with his own business venture. Call him with what you have in mind and he'll give you a free estimate!

There, that's my plug for a guy I just met today.

Too bad I just had the interior done on my Cherokee, or I'd be pitching it to my partners.

Tell him good luck for me.

Jason,

Thanks for the info. My brother is looking to have the top done or new "window" added to his Miata. I'll give Brian a call.

I'm headed to ILG today to meet with the "club" owner on a PA28-181 that I am joining, maybe even get some seat time!

I work at the DRBA (Engineering) so I am in and out of there (ILG) all the time. I am often on ground.7 as Engineering 81.

Back