Unforeseen Risks of the Time Change

My dog would rather hunt than eat. Seriously no off switch to it, and the vet thinks I'm starving her. Sun was up. Birds and squirrels were out. Pointer wants to hunt. And she let me know.
IMG_20221029_115810486.jpg

count me in on that as well....me, not my dog...I woke at my normal time, despite what the clock said...so I went ahead and took my dog on the dawn patrol of the neighborhood just like we always do. Nice and quiet, no cars out on the road. Actually quite nice. Oh, the dog got up just because I did...

nice looking German Shorthair. I took care of one for a friend once a long time ago. Natural athlete. I enjoyed that dog even if she did dribble all over the place when she got excited.

I'm a very lucky dog owner.
She won't get out of bed until my wife and I are both up, dressed, and making noises in the kitchen, Then, maybe, she will come down and join us, but it's not unusual for the pup to stay in bed until 10:00 AM.

The cats let us know we had overslept this morning.

Or at least they thought we had overslept...

As I was reading this, our two dogs came in to remind me that their evening snack, which is a small serving of Freshpet, was supposed to be a half hour ago.

Back