Undifferentiated attention deficit disorder? Really Anxiety?

U

uadd

Hello,

Here is my story:

3/18 - Visited my primary care physician for routine physical and discussed issues at college (struggling in my relationship). He diagnosed me with "undifferentiated attention deficit disorder" without any tests, just a discussion. He prescribed me Adderall and I took it because I thought he was right (but he wasn't).

8/18 - Visited college counseling center where the Staff Psychiatrist told me it was anxiety and depressive symptoms (ex-partner told me to go see someone because I needed "help"). Great! No more Adderall ever, and was prescribed wellbutrin. I was on this for a year. All symptoms resolved since I have moved away from college (this all stemmed from the abusive relationship, everything has been great since).

8/21 - Went to first-class medical - disclosed I went through counseling with medication (been off for a year). Had a letter from Psychiatrist stating that the issues were resolved, when I took the medication, and no more concerns from him.

Now, as I am waiting to hear back about the deferral due to the use of wellbutrin, I went through the records and my paperwork says from my primary care physician that the undifferentiated attention deficit disorder is still active. The AME did not ask about any of this paperwork at the appointment.

Basically, I am worried sick about this one time treated "undifferentiated attention deficit disorder" that really was anxiety and depressive symptoms from an abusive relationship.

Every story is unique, but has anyone ever been in a situation where they did not disclose something and it come back to hurt them? I truly thought I did the Medexpress correctly.

Thanks

Glad you reported that (because the agency can get your Rx insurance codes) as omission, if repeated is actionable as a presumptive felony (class 4).

You're going to need the entire record from the college counseling center, the PCP, a personal statement, and a 10 year pharmacy dispense record (we're trying to prove this was a one and only event); the
ADD requires the HIMS neuropscyhologist battery, and the psychiatrist will be required to provide his detailed "4-digits to the right of the period" diagnosis, which I sure hope is a "reactive" or "situational" diagnosis. This unfortunately will take the agency a very long time to get to.......

Was your AME a "HIMS" AME? (see list on the "find an HIMS AME" link at www.faa.gov).

Dr B.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back