Unbelievable! ANOTHER ONE and yet gov't officials do NOTHING

Greebo said:
Another vehicle hit a stationary building recently and Government officials are doing NOTHING about it!

http://wbal.com/news/story.asp?articleid=50143

We clearly need TDRs along all roadways with nearby buildings to protect the public against these ground missiles!
Why doesn't the story say "The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are investigating to assess if the incident was terrorism related."

My gosh, that SUV could have been packed with hundreds or thousands of pounds of high explosives. And I can't believe that people can just drive anywhere they want to without telling someone.

mikea said:
Why doesn't the story say "The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are investigating to assess if the incident was terrorism related."

because that would cause mass panic.

this is all about calming the populace while appearing to do something.

on my recent trip to ABQ my toothpaste (still in the box, in a CVS bag with receipt) was confiscated.

on the return trip, my mango-chile-preserves (they will add Chile to anything, ask me about my chile-chocolate coated pecans...) were confiscated. that was definitely my bad, I even checked my bag but when I did triage that morning for some stupid reason I put that into my carryon bag - I guess in the back of my mind the worst I thought would happen to it was that it would break in the luggage. silly me.

I wonder if these TSA folks get to eat/use what they confiscate?

Nah, you don't understand, Chuck. Aircraft are piloted by evil people who just want to kill others. SUV's on the other hand are being piloted by innocent people, and the evil SUV itself tries to kill its occupants and others outside the vehicle.

So of course its not being investigated, the driver was clearly a victim...

RotaryWingBob said:
Nah, you don't understand, Chuck. Aircraft are piloted by evil people who just want to kill others. SUV's on the other hand are being piloted by innocent people, and the evil SUV itself tries to kill its occupants and others outside the vehicle.

So of course its not being investigated, the driver was clearly a victim...

Bob, Bob, BOB!!!!!
Those are evil RICH people

BTW, I paid $20K for MY airplane.
it's cheaper than any car in our company parking lot (except mine):yes:

woodstock said:
because that would cause mass panic.

this is all about calming the populace while appearing to do something.

And demonizing little airplanes and sensationalizing non-events doesn't casue panic? Have you seen the crap in the media about the Lidle crash? Oh the horror! The plane bounced off and caused an apartment to burn. Nobody died except the pilots in the plane, yet this incident almost shut down GA in NYC and other major cities.

Cessna 150's = :lightning: Death from Above

Anthony said:
And demonizing little airplanes and sensationalizing non-events doesn't casue panic? Have you seen the crap in the media about the Lidle crash? Oh the horror! The plane bounced off and caused an apartment to burn. Nobody died except the pilots in the plane, yet this incident almost shut down GA in NYC and other major cities.

Cessna 150's = :lightning: Death from Above

well, it caused panic, but not MASS panic. I was surprised that of the folks I know who aren't pilot-heads, this was a big ho hum yawn.

if someone actually started thinking all SUVs were "death from below" it would really wreak havoc. baaaaaaaaah.

however I did chuckle when they evacuated something like 30K people from the Libraries of Congress and other buildings down there, due to the 150.

hopefully this will leave the imprint in people's heads that they are being had, not that they have a reason to fear the little planes.

woodstock said:
on my recent trip to ABQ my toothpaste (still in the box, in a CVS bag with receipt) was confiscated.

I just got back from Miami. Since I have a lot of clothes and pretty
much everything I need down there I seldom carry much with me. But
when I was waiting to leave Omaha last Thurs I was just standing off
watching the TSA after I went thru. What a waste of money. All this
BS and none of it is going to make us safer. I was amazed that most
of the people they pulled aside for secondary screening were elderly.
No one of ME descent was pulled aside.

I've never been pulled aside since 9/11. And I'm not slamming the
screeners. Almost all my travel is between here and Miami. The screeners
I've come in contact with have been courteous and professional. I don't
have a single gripe about them. They're so much better than the power
hungry McD's rejects that did it before.

But I just can't figure out why we don't throw out the PC crap and
screen people that fit the mold of those who've attacked us.

All this harrassing sillyness like confiscating shampoo and perfume is
just a joke.

I just came through Omaha today- 45 minutes and longer security lines- I didn't print both bording passes off my computer (it only gave me one, I didn't catch it- but that's my bad), so I had to go back to the counter to get the other boarding pass for leaving Omaha before they would let me through security- another 45 minutes gone! My flight's starting to board- I asked the TSA gorilla if he could jump me over the line- he politely & firmly refused me. Missed my flight, but Southwest gave me a seat on another flight. I got the seat because the person who was supposed to get it was stuck in the security line.

I got there just under 2 hours ahead. They are not my favorite people today.

Well, heck, it was in ESSEX for cripes sake. Who cares about those people? Don't they all have 3" gas mains running through their yards. Everyone knows there are no beautiful people in Baltimore, even in the Harbour Court.

Now if that SUV had wreaked its havoc on the Upper East Side, say, then you'd have a news story.

Keith Lane said:
Bob, Bob, BOB!!!!!

Oh. Crap. I forgot that. Sorry Keith...

Keith Lane said:
Bob, Bob, BOB!!!!!

Certainly less expensive than either of the Jeeps in my driveway. :D But, then, JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket".

Cap'n Jack said:
I just came through Omaha today- 45 minutes and longer security lines- I didn't print both bording passes off my computer (it only gave me one, I didn't catch it- but that's my bad), so I had to go back to the counter to get the other boarding pass for leaving Omaha before they would let me through security- another 45 minutes gone! My flight's starting to board- I asked the TSA gorilla if he could jump me over the line- he politely & firmly refused me. Missed my flight, but Southwest gave me a seat on another flight. I got the seat because the person who was supposed to get it was stuck in the security line.

I got there just under 2 hours ahead. They are not my favorite people today.
You can print your own boarding pass using the self-serve kiosk. They just hand it to you. They have one agent hovering over 3-4 lanes like the self-checkout at the supermarket only the SWA one doesn't call you a thief after you scan each item.

I got my pass from my hotel room 24 hours in advance and didn't sweat printing it. I printed them at the self-serve kiosk. All you need is your confirmation number.

woodstock said:
if someone actually started thinking all SUVs were "death from below" it would really wreak havoc. baaaaaaaaah.
Yabut, didn't some meathead run over some students (at Duke was it?) with an SUV? There might've been about a week of fear of "death from below" (hehe you should TM that!), but people moved on.

Instead of posting these excellent messages here, I'd like to post them where the general public would see them. Ideas?

-Rich

woodstock said:
I wonder if these TSA folks get to eat/use what they confiscate?

They just did a story about this on the news yesterday a.m. At O'Hare--or maybe it was Logan--the pen knives, corkscrews, etc., are auctioned off and the money is donated to the schools. Supposedly.

ANOTHER ONE!
GLENVIEW -- A Glenview girl was charged with driving under the influence after she crashed her sport-utility vehicle into two houses Monday afternoon, police said.

Tina M. Rizzo, 17, drove her Jeep Cherokee off the road about 1:45 p.m. and struck two homes in the 2000 block of Franklin Drive, where she lives, police said. Neither of the houses she hit was her own.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0610240027oct24,1,3231682.story?coll=chi-news-hed
They're recruiting the impressionable youth of America!

mikea said:
You can print your own boarding pass using the self-serve kiosk. They just hand it to you. They have one agent hovering over 3-4 lanes like the self-checkout at the supermarket only the SWA one doesn't call you a thief after you scan each item.

I got my pass from my hotel room 24 hours in advance and didn't sweat printing it. I printed them at the self-serve kiosk. All you need is your confirmation number.

Yeah- I shoulda done it as you described. My only defense it that it was my first time flying SWA. My gripe is that the TSA wasn't trying to sort out the flights. I was in Canada when ~20,000 teachers had a convention (that's the number!). The security line went literally from one end of Toronto's terminal building to the other. The Canadian security people were not shouting "move to the side- one line only!". They were shouting" Flight XXX- please come with me", and jumping those people to the head of the line so they could make their flights. The other complaint was I got there 2 hr ahead & still couldn't make my scheduled flight.

The only reason I made it to my meetings on time was because I got someone else's seat that was stuck in the same line.

555Juliet said:
They just did a story about this on the news yesterday a.m. At O'Hare--or maybe it was Logan--the pen knives, corkscrews, etc., are auctioned off and the money is donated to the schools. Supposedly.

After Mayor "Little" Dick Daley get's his cut I'm sure.

Terror Driver Charged
GLENVIEW -- A Glenview girl was charged with driving under the influence after she crashed her sport-utility vehicle into two houses Monday afternoon, police said.

Tina M. Rizzo, 17, drove her Jeep Cherokee off the road about 1:45 p.m. and struck two homes in the 2000 block of Franklin Drive, where she lives, police said. Neither of the houses she hit was her own.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0610240027oct24,1,3231682.story?coll=chi-news-hed

And if you need a log in use this one
Username goober@gmail.com

Password 123456

Frank Browne said:
After Mayor "Little" Dick Daley get's his cut I'm sure.
It'll work something like police auctions and the dog pound: The public can bid on what's left after da guys dat know someone take a look an' see what dey want.

Last edited:
mikea said:

Yeah, that's probably the only best part of the SWA experience to deal with. You can check-in, online, up to 24 hours in advance (do it as close as you can to 24) and get in Boarding Group A. You don't need to print the pass, because you can simply go to a kiosk and reprint it - you still keep the "A" designation.

A tanker truck full of propane was stolen yesterday, the teletype that we got warned of it being used as a 'possible terrorist weapon'. :rolleyes:

i had to laugh at that one. I'm quite sure terrorists didn't take it, someone that heats their residence with propane did. They found it a few hours later.......no terrorists in custody.

Back