Ummm... this isn't right....

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
From a few days ago when it was REALLY foggy at KDFW

Video of them towing it out is on the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Facebook Page.

26239524_10155964243213563_1978039951484023421_n.jpg

This is not at KDFW, two different planes. This event was at KGTU (my local field)

This is not at KDFW, two different planes. This event was at KGTU (my local field)

What happened, at either or both airports? Damn y'all leaving us hanging here, teasers. We had a name for that in HS. Well, for girls I guess we did. POAers wanna know, ya know.

You're correct... video is DFW, still from your home.

So sad!! Such a beautiful plane!!!

What happened, at either or both airports? Damn y'all leaving us hanging here, teasers. We had a name for that in HS. Well, for girls I guess we did. POAers wanna know, ya know.
I can not comment on that because I have not heard anything directly from the pilot so I do not know if the story is true.

I can not comment on that because I have not heard anything directly from the pilot so I do not know if the story is true.

WTF Matthew! :eek: You been on POA long enough to know THAT (facts) don't matter! My God man, make some shet up or something.

But let us know when you find something if ya don't wanna subscribe to the POA way above. ;):)

LOL, true PoA doesn't care about facts. Speculation is the way of life here! :)

Hey Matt, welcome to PoA, what do you fly out of GTU?

The rwy excursion happened on a foggy morning with low ceilings. The ceilings were below MDA and visibility less than prescribed minimum on the approach plate. Legally, that doesn't mean that a Part 91 airplane cannot fly the approach anyway and peek and maybe get lucky.

A few witnesses on field reported that the aircraft came in high and dove for the rwy, touching down on the second half and braking hard which led to rwy excursion, several broken rwy lights and ldg gear collapse.
Only bent metal, no injuries or fatalities. Whew!

While the NTSB investigates and writes up report, Fecesbook condemned the pilot within seconds of the incident. And PoA didn't take long either. (can't find the original thread right now)

The pilot was in a turning dogfight with a space alien when the UFO caught him with a laser disrupter and caused him make a forced landing.
Sad to see that. I really like the Piaggio.

Could he have ground looped it,after trying to brake to hard.

Back