Ultralight down at FWQ

We don't know that it is 'down.' Maybe it is at his girlfriend's house and won't start....

I hate to read this. Why would you leave your cell phone in the car. I consider the cell phone emergency equipment and try not to fly without one. Many I speak with feel the same. I am speaking about Ultralight type of flying and aircraft.

I hope this person wanted to disappear and not the worse case thing.

Maybe so. I doubt a lot of people leave their keys, wallet, and cell phone with their car while they fly around. At least not someone who feels naked without those items like me.

Ugh. Fly over that area quite a bit and Rostraver is on our CTAF. Interesting how ANY crash/disappearance makes us take notice, but the ones close to our homebase seem to hit a little harder...

Leaving your personal items behind,is never a good sign. Hope everything works out.

I leave my regular keys behind, but never billfold or cell. I have my ignition/fuel cap/hangar keys on a separate keychain. I hope they find him soon.

I often leave that stuff on the ground flying open air ultralights. Either that or I need to plan ahead dress with zippered pockets. If it was an open gyroplane it is worse cause not only do you lose your phone you lose a chunk of your pusher prop.

I often leave that stuff on the ground flying open air ultralights. Either that or I need to plan ahead dress with zippered pockets. If it was an open gyroplane it is worse cause not only do you lose your phone you lose a chunk of your pusher prop.

Good point. I've been thinking of doing some ultralight flying so I'll be sure to wear some kind of cargo/parachute type pants with zippered pockets if I do.

We should all learn from this. Those that fly small Ultralight style experimental airplanes. For the sake of family one of these is a good idea. I do not own one but plan on putting one in my airplane very soon.

From what I understand even the first Generation of this unit works just fine. They can be had for very little.

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/9371

Back