Ultralight crash near HHR

Well the lady they loaded into the back of the ambulance didn't look to me in "full arrest"

Hoping she has a quick and full recovery.

Today was a wierd day weather wise here in the LA region. After the fog finally burned off, wind started getting a little squirrelly - I saw lots of go arounds, and botched landings.

You could almost feel that something bad was going to happen today.

Go around's at HHR Ralph?

I agree on the weird WX. My office is on the NW corner of the airport - was doom and gloom most of the day.

Been funky at LAX. I really don't like driving on the AOA when it's foggy

Unfortunately it sounds like the pilot didn't survive, at least according to what the linked article currently says. RIP.

Erin is my sister-in-law. She was the best person I've ever known. Kind, smart, funny, and full of... Life. She will always be missed and we are all just devastated.

I wanted to say something.

Thank you all for being so respectful on this thread. I haven't gone looking for it, but it disturbs me how ugly people can be on the Internet. As fellow pilots, we all know the respect and deference victims and families deserve. Thank you all for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin is my sister-in-law. She was the best person I've ever known. Kind, smart, funny, and full of... Life. She will always be missed and we are all just devastated.

Thank you all for being so respectful on this thread. I haven't gone looking for it, but it disturbs me how ugly people can be on the Internet. As fellow pilots, we all know the respect and deference victims and families deserve. Thank you all for that.

I have no words. I saw a picture of her in one of the articles and it brought a tear to my eye because it's easy to see from afar how full of life she was.
Our entire community grieves with you and your family. :(

Thank you all. I've been in aviation my entire life and the community never fails to rally behind one of their own. This is the first time I've seen it from this side.

Erin was a one of a kind person. My wife's sister, our maid of honor, aunt and god mother to our kids, and a treasured soul. One of the funniest people I've ever known. All of our hearts are broken.

Awww, man...

All I can say is...

Awww, man...

My heart is with you and yours.

Her cousin made up this collage. I'll stop posting after this, but I thought this might tell a little more about our fallen angel.

11732baea2e6e8bfab67561e3c8490bd.jpg

I haven't the words to express my sincerest condolences to you and your family on your loss. Rest in Peace.

I think I saw her at cable one day, and watched her take off. And although I did not know her, or even talk to her, I was impressed by her. Her radio calls were clear - her flying smooth. Professional.

I have no doubt that she will be missed greatly. My condolences to her friends and family.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Back