UI Making Me Nuts

Len Lanetti

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Lenny
Chuck,

OK, just great....I thought I had it figured out at least a little and then you change the comman button bar thingie....why does quick scan show me stuff I've read...why do I get the feeling I'm missing new stuff that I haven't read yet. You really know how to torture a guy. :<)

Len

Len,

I hope you've found this thread, but in case you haven't, here's the explanation of the UI changes that have been made.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/showthread.php?t=284

Quick Scan is showing you posts which have had activity since the last time you marked those forums read. "Active Threads" is the new name for the old "New Posts" list with the 15 minute timer. THe old behavior is still present, it's just been renamed.

I think once you use the new Mark Forums Read functions that are tied to quickscan, the QuickScan behavior will seem more consistent with the AOPA mark read behavior - threads which have had activity since the last "mark read" will show up in quickscan and stay showing up in quickscan until YOU mark that forum read, vs. the forum deciding its been long enough.

Chuck,

Thanks for the link. Didn't mean to sound like a complainer. I just needed my fix of posts. Sorry. :<)

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Chuck,

Thanks for the link. Didn't mean to sound like a complainer. I just needed my fix of posts. Sorry. :<)

Len
Actually, there is no reason to be sorry here. We (the Management Team) listen to every comment and suggestion thrown at us as well as the puzzled questions and complaints. Some will be fixed by minor changes, some require a little different approach by users, and some will be major feature additions at a later date. Whatever the case, we ARE listening! So keep talking!

Back