Uh oh... I'm in trouble now!

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
I knew I couldn't quite afford one by myself and have been looking for a partnership in one to buy into. I had also been talking to another reciently minted PP by my flight instructor. She was looking to buy a grumman by herself but then she went up to do unusual attitudes with the same guy who hooked me. Now she's sending me these links...

http://www.controller.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?OHID=1093419&guid=822851A886D042CFA3288C73DBCE55C3
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/unprotected/specs/36112.html
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/unprotected/specs/36858.html

I'm in trouble now...

Missa
Drool, Drool, Drool

Missa said:
I knew I couldn't quite afford one by myself and have been looking for a partnership in one to buy into. I had also been talking to another reciently minted PP by my flight instructor. She was looking to buy a grumman by herself but then she went up to do unusual attitudes with the same guy who hooked me. Now she's sending me these links...

http://www.controller.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?OHID=1093419&guid=822851A886D042CFA3288C73DBCE55C3

I'm in trouble now...

Missa
Drool, Drool, Drool

LOL - very nice! If y'all can work out a decent partnership, that could be an excellent way to go. I know that if it weren't for partnership, I'd still be renting, personally.

I've only owned for about a month now, but I know I'm already much happier!

Missa said:

I'm in trouble now...

Missa
Drool, Drool, Drool

Missa...
I think you would look very nice in a 62 Mooney M20C. It would complement your eyes :)

Michael said:
Missa...
I think you would look very nice in a 62 Mooney M20C. It would complement your eyes :)

I'm sure it would, but it's wouldn't be near as fun as flying the Citabra with the window open. And I don't think your suppose to fly the Mooney upside down intentionally.

Now if you want to GIVE me the Mooney, I wouldn't refuse just because it's handicapped and has a yoke instead of a stick.

Missa

Last edited:
Missa said:
I'm sure it would, but it's wouldn't be near as fun as flying the Citabra with the window open. And I don't think your suppose to fly the Mooney upside down intentionally.

Now if you want to GIVE me the Mooney, I wouldn't refuse just because it's handicaped and has a yoke instead of a stick.

If you want to fly in circles above your field get the Citabria. If you actually want to go somewhere, get the Grumman or Mooney.

Missa said:

Now if you want to GIVE me the Mooney, I wouldn't refuse just because it's handicaped and has a yoke instead of a stick.

Missa

:eek:

Quick someone get me a difribulator, im flabbergasted..(spellchecker please chuck) Handicapped????
Oh Missa say it aint so...

Anthony said:
If you want to fly in circles above your field get the Citabria. If you actually want to go somewhere, get the Grumman or Mooney.

A Citabra makes as much speed as the 152, the piper 140, the gumman yankee or other such planes that we could afford. And it costs less to feed for the same distance. Where it may not be the Ultimate travel plane, you can travel in it. A wise old pilot once told me buy the plane for the 80% of the flying you actually do, and rent for the other 20%. Most of my flying has been trips around the pea patch and short hops for the $100 breakfast. Which the Citabra will do nicely for. When I want to do that long XC vacation I'll rent one of the Archers from the Flight School. Plus it goes upside down which makes it a hoot to fly!

Missa

Michael said:
:eek:

Quick someone get me a difribulator, im flabbergasted..(spellchecker please chuck) Handicapped????
Oh Missa say it aint so...

Hey, check the site feedback section, I've already reported that the spell checker isn't working right... give me a break I'm an Engineer not an English major if it wasn't for the spell checker I'd never be able to write a report.

Missa
-Queen of the mispellers:blowingkisses:

NickDBrennan said:
LOL - very nice! If y'all can work out a decent partnership, that could be an excellent way to go. I know that if it weren't for partnership, I'd still be renting, personally.

I've only owned for about a month now, but I know I'm already much happier!

He He He, I know... and I want one to have for my very own, even if it's only 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/134... : )

Missa
-soon to be renter no more?

Missa said:
I'm in trouble now...
Drool, Drool, Drool

Be aware, the 7ECA has the 115hp engine. I know I'd want the 150hp engine if I were to go Citabria. Be sure to check the one you trained in, I'll bet it is a 150hp model. (more zip)

But, grab that partner while you can, finding partners interested in aerobatics is not so easy.

Bill Jennings said:
Be aware, the 7ECA has the 115hp engine. I know I'd want the 150hp engine if I were to go Citabria. Be sure to check the one you trained in, I'll bet it is a 150hp model. (more zip)

But, grab that partner while you can, finding partners interested in aerobatics is not so easy.

Not only 150hp but it also has the inverted oil system... drool, drool, drool

Missa

Missa said:
A Citabra makes as much speed as the 152, the piper 140, the gumman yankee or other such planes that we could afford.

Thought you were talking about a Tiger or Cheetah, not a Yankee. The Yankee is 10 knots faster than the 152, 140 or Citabria, but it can't go upside down.

Anthony said:
Thought you were talking about a Tiger or Cheetah, not a Yankee. The Yankee is 10 knots faster than the 152, 140 or Citabria, but it can't go upside down.

Ok, so I don't know my gummans very well. I've not been the one looking at them. I got bit by the Citabra bug and I've not looked at much else since.

Missa

gibbons said:
What is your Citabria budget? Ibold is selling his - 400 TT. Like brand new.

I know, I know, this time next year, I'd be REAL interested in talking turkey. Just for kicks, do you know what he's asking?

gibbons said:
What is your Citabria budget? Ibold is selling his - 400 TT. Like brand new.

Probaly not enough. Not sure about my possible partner but I would prefer not to take out a loan if at all possible (NOT!) If I cash out my investment account (supposably for a downpayment on a house) I can scrach together $12000. Which looks like it would buy 1/3 of the ones we've been looking at... if I can't get another partner talked into it, I'll just have to get a loan for the rest.

Missa

Bill Jennings said:
I know, I know, this time next year, I'd be REAL interested in talking turkey. Just for kicks, do you know what he's asking?

Hey! if your trying to steal my Citabra... get your own tread!

Missa

Missa said:
Hey! if your trying to steal my Citabra... get your own tread!

Oh no, not trying to steal any Citabrias, unless I can steal a quick ride in my instructors plane ;)

Bill Jennings said:
Oh no, not trying to steal any Citabrias, unless I can steal a quick ride in my instructors plane ;)

Get the ride and forever be destined to desire one... : )

Missa

Missa said:
I can scrach together $12000.

1972 AA-1A, 1788 TTAE, MK12A, King transponder, new front windshield, new seats. Paint/4, interior/5. FBO annual through 10/5. $12,500. CA WJF. (661) 478-4649.

Missa,

Well $12K gets you in the game....'course there is probably some costs not far down the road on that engine.

Len

Missa said:
Get the ride and forever be destined to desire one... : )

Oh, I've gotten the ride, I did an 8 course intro acro/unusual course in a 7GCAA last spring, what a good time. Learned all of the basic aerobatic maneuvers and got my spin and tailwheel signoffs.

My problem? Chip gave me a ride and let me have some stick time in the 300L. Like they say, the first hit is free. After that, I now want a high perf aerobatic plane. So, the S2B looks good to me, when the time comes. A 300L would be an absolute hoot, but I'd have to hit the lotto or knock off a bank...

Whatever you do, DON'T get a ride in a higher perf aerobat...:no:

Missa said:
if I can't get another partner talked into it, I'll just have to get a loan for the rest.
Too bad you don't live nearby, Missa. That would be almost too tempting. :rolleyes:

Missa said:
Well then, just move to Michigan! :)
I think I posted in a moment of temporary insanity. :eek:

What would I do with an airplane? When would I have the time to fly it?? :confused:

Still...

Good luck with your airplane and partner hunt. :)

Back