UH-1 HUEY Video

Yeah, that's a good one, I had that pop up in my You Tube feed before. I'd love to see how they made that pentagraph sight/controller work. Looks like fun flying under not so fun conditions.

That's some darn good footage there! What a workhorse.

Finished Chickenhawk just a couple weeks ago. Man, incredible stories in that book. Can't believe I took so long in getting around to read it.

Nice video,something's you never forget. Like the sound of a Huey in flight.

Really cool video. My hat is off to you for your service, and a tip of the hat to the Huey as well. Such fantastic birds.

That's some darn good footage there! What a workhorse.

Finished Chickenhawk just a couple weeks ago. Man, incredible stories in that book. Can't believe I took so long in getting around to read it.

One of my favorite books. I've aways thought it would make a great movie. I think every beginning helicopter student should read the part about him learning to fly.

I've got dozens of books and manuscripts written by VN helicopter pilots. I've emailed a handful of the authors and was surprised to get a response from most of them. One lives near KC and hadn't been in a helictoper since he left the service 40 years ago. We bounced several email back and forth a arranged to meet up and we went for a short flight. He was incredibly polite but I could tell he was uncomfortable in the R22. Probably in comparison to the Huey, I'm sure it seemed like a toy to him.

Really cool video. My hat is off to you for your service, and a tip of the hat to the Huey as well. Such fantastic birds.

Agreed....

I thank everyone who fought and still fighting for our freedom....

War is a DAMN ugly job...

I still vividly remember sitting on the couch every night after dinner back in the 60'd and early 70's and my parents would watch Walter Cronkite....

Lead story every night was about the Vietnam war... Night after night of sheer carnage..... What really got my attention is they always gave casualty reports and it was ( make up your own numbers) ..

"Today 13 US service members were killed and 120 Vietnam soldiers died"

it was always like 8 -15 to 1 ratio and in my simple mind I did quick math and wondered how they had so many people to lose....

If it were true and we lost 58,000 then they lost a million... Or more...:sad::sad::sad:..

War sucks....:(

Agreed....

I thank everyone who fought and still fighting for our freedom....

War is a DAMN ugly job...

I still vividly remember sitting on the couch every night after dinner back in the 60'd and early 70's and my parents would watch Walter Cronkite....

Lead story every night was about the Vietnam war... Night after night of sheer carnage..... What really got my attention is they always gave casualty reports and it was ( make up your own numbers) ..

"Today 13 US service members were killed and 120 Vietnam soldiers died"

it was always like 8 -15 to 1 ratio and in my simple mind I did quick math and wondered how they had so many people to lose....

If it were true and we lost 58,000 then they lost a million... Or more...:sad::sad::sad:..

War sucks....:(

Yep, Lots and lots of people in SE Asia, and they don't have a soft modern life. Death is not a loss for them because they have nothing to lose and they are trying to improve the future for their families. Hal Moore had that figured out very well from the beginning.

It's hard for a society that does not tollerate human losses well while having the weapons capability to cause annihilation to fight an "effective" war, not that any war in history has ever actually been effective at what they always claim, a lasting peace.

Back