Ugly airplanes.

Missa said:
It's so ulgy "the page can not be displayed" :hairraise: Oh the horror!

Missa
(tried both this link and the one on the Babe's)

Hmmm....it worked for me without any problem.

Frank Browne said:
Hmmm....it worked for me without any problem.

Humm, it worked now but wasn't working earlier.

Oh well, and if it has wings, it can't be ugly.

Missa
- Ok I spoke too soon: 1930s Canadian Vickers Velos is fugly! but if even the test pilots wouldn't fly it can it really be considered an airplane?

Last edited:
I was gonna say; is there such a thing as an ugly airplane? Frank beat me to it.

AdamZ said:
I was gonna say; is there such a thing as an ugly airplane? Frank beat me to it.

I have to agree, though some are not as charming looking as others. I really like the bi-pacer on page 4.

Ken Ibold said:
I agreed with you before I looked at the pix. Now I'm not so sure.

Well...I do think some are prettier than others, but I've never seen one that I would classify as ugly.:)

What no helicopters?

Sorry Bob. :)

"Most pilots resent helicopters because they are too stupid to fly them" - My first helo CFI

:rofl: :p

Cheers,

-Andrew

The Shorts Sherpa has my vote for an ugly airplane. It looks like what you could build if you were taken to a Home Depot, given all the 4x8 plywood you needed, and told to build an airplane. It was so ugly the Air Force gave them to the Army ;)

Attachments

• Sherpa.jpg
    Sherpa.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 8
The ?Boeing? next generation contraption is right out of one of the new generation saturday morning cartoons with talking trains or boats or something like that. It's so close I'm surprised they haven't been hit up with copyright infringement on the design. That stupid looking smilie face has just got to go. Flippinugly! I'd be ashamed to be on the same ramp as something like that even without witnesses. IMO YMMV but that's how I see it.

IMO this one is in the just-why category:
http://www.daveswarbirds.com/usplanes/aircraft/flapjack.htm

Back