ugh - its too early for this!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
So I get off work this morning, and realize that I'm freezing, and my breath is steaming my windsheild on the way home.

Out of curiosity, I call Double Eagle's AWOS to get the temperature:

"Double Eagle II, airport automated weather information, 0201 zulu. Wind calm. Visibility, more than 10. Sky condition, clear below 12,000. Temperature minus 01"

WTH!!! It seems it was over a hundred only a few weeks ago.

The houses all have frost on the roofs, and so do the car windows. I'm not ready for this! This is why I left New Hampshire!

when I talked to FSS yesterday, he said they are seeing winter patterns already. they never see winds above 100KTS at the higher altitudes til winter time... yesterday they were clocked at 120 KTS. wow.

ps. much like looking forward to spring, I look forward to crisp cold mornings in fall. not the rain and all, but nice clear mornings are mighty fine.

NickDBrennan said:
"Double Eagle II, airport automated weather information, 0201 zulu. Wind calm. Visibility, more than 10. Sky condition, clear below 12,000. Temperature minus 01"
Is your AWOS in Celsius or Farenheit? Flagstaff was 28F this morning, which would have been a negative C temp.

MSmith said:
Pretty much all aviation weather is in Celsius.
True but this quote...
WTH!!! It seems it was over a hundred only a few weeks ago.
...made me wonder if Nick is comparing apples to apples.

Cause if it was over 100 C a few weeks ago, I don't EVER wanna go there...but I'll send my thanksgiving turkey there for cooking.

Greebo said:
True but this quote...

...made me wonder if Nick is comparing apples to apples.

Cause if it was over 100 C a few weeks ago, I don't EVER wanna go there...but I'll send my thanksgiving turkey there for cooking.

LOL - that was pretty dumb of me. Should have said "What -1 means, technically I don't know. Something less that 32 Farenheit. WTF - It seems like it was over 100 a few weeks ago!"

My bad! It did read like I was saying it was -1F

woodstock said:
I look forward to crisp cold mornings in fall. not the rain and all, but nice clear mornings are mighty fine.

HEAR HEAR!! AMEN!

We FINALLY woke up to a cool morning in Dallas/Fort Worth (35 F at my house this morning). It felt SO good to step outside after all those record-setting days this past month.

Now, if I could just drive to the AIRPORT on one of those mornings instead of the OFFICE! On the other hand, I did arrange today with my boss to start working remotely, from home, on Wednesdays, so maybe an extended lunch break would be possible....

finally turned the heat on. my car thermostat read 48 degrees outside, and, when I got home my house thermostat read 66 degrees. time for the furnace.

Back