Ugh I did it again

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
If you recall last year I got a very bad infection from a downhill mountain bike crash in Crested Butte Colorado... Well I seem to have crashed again... :frown2: This time a bit closer to home. At Diablo mountain in North Jersey I fell off a bridge crossing a drainage ditch. My Hip hit the bridge the hardest, I then slammed my shoulder down and slid a good 20 feet, unfortunately this one was not on video. I DID learn my lesson last time so I sucked up the pain and cleaned it out well, scrubbed it hard with alcohol wipes and sprayed it with disinfectant. Just thought it would be good, and rather funny to report my misfortune.

Severe bruising and road rash were my consequence, nothing major. Still have yet to break a bone :ihih:

Well, at least this happened in the clean, smog free State of New Jersey unlike that barren infected wasteland of CO! :rofl:

Glad your okay!

OUCH. Is this "extreme mountain biking" or did you just have bad luck?

Well normally I do cross country mountain biking, the last two times I've done downhilling I've crashed so that makes me have a 2/3 crash ratio. Everyone there had full body armor... I had a helmet so I was under protected because I don't normally do this. So yes you could say it is.

Well, at least this happened in the clean, smog free State of New Jersey unlike that barren infected wasteland of CO! :rofl:

Glad your okay!

LMAO Andy! I did get some video but something must have hit the on/off button in the backpack because it turned off by the time the crash occurred, Ill have the video I have up today.

Downhill can be addicting,... but be sure you are protected properly. I used to ride cross country a long time in college, then I got into dual slalom, and then that ended up getting me into downhill. Places like Plattekill mountain in NY were places we would go for a fun weekend away, and come back with bruises and bent/busted rims or bikes.

I used to have a specialized with a boxxer in the front, hayes disks, all decked out for downhill only. One day I was running a trail over here in PA and took a wrong turn on the run over the boulders. Bike one way, me the other. Cracked my chest protector on a rock and hit my head pretty good. Knocked some sense into me I guess,.. cause it really made me timid after that and I couldn't seem to push that line anymore. Eventually sold the downhill rig and went back to XC for the time left at College.

Be careful, know your limit,... cause the mountain will let you know when you've crossed it.

LMAO Andy! I did get some video but something must have hit the on/off button in the backpack because it turned off by the time the crash occurred, Ill have the video I have up today.

Cool! I'll look for the vid!

I completely forgot! I too wiped out in CO! . I was biking down Copper Moutain in Dillon, CO and wiped out into a shallow stream. (the cool water felt good) I'll see if I can dig out the pics.... We can compare knarly scares!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back