UAL 777 hits another plane at ORD

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070627wingtipjun27,1,4285221.story?coll=chi-news-hed
The right wingtip of a jetliner awaiting takeoff this afternoon at O'Hare International Airport clipped the tail of another airliner while waiting out a thunderstorm in a holding area, Federal Aviation Administration officials said.

The accident occurred at 3:50 p.m. as a United Airlines B777 was moving past an American Airlines MD-80 while both were waiting out the storm on the 9 Right holding pad,

Hmmm....Greg, where you be at?? :D:D:D

A buddy of mine who is a AA Capt. Hit another plane a couple of years ago in the alleyway leaving terminal 3. He said he had to buy a lot of beer to live that one down.

It's all GA's fault!!!!!!!!!!

actually the captain was distracted by the shower of toilet paper.

As if AA needs to lose any planes right now. Oh, wait, they're canceling so many flights through DFW they ought to have a bunch of spares...

(

So true!! I heard that ATC was distracted by a PA28-180 at 10,500 that had just flown over Lake Michigan and was giving the finger to the tower controllers. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

bart-simpson-generator.gif

As if AA needs to lose any planes right now. Oh, wait, they're canceling so many flights through DFW they ought to have a bunch of spares...

They just said on the news that some people sleeping in the baggage claim area at O'Hare - due to some spot rain/flooding - won't fly out until Friday.

The jet age, huh?

I'd be walking to the Greyhound station.

They just said on the news that some people sleeping in the baggage claim area at O'Hare - due to some spot rain/flooding - won't fly out until Friday.

The jet age, huh?

I'd be walking to the Greyhound station.

I never understand that type of people.

First thing is I would go get a hotel, anywhere!

or second I would rent a car and start driving

or I would contact Amtrack

but I would not sit on the floor of an airport for three days.

I'm hoping to get home. DFW has been royally screwed, and San Antonio is not in much better shape.

A lot of Intel employees did just that after 9/11. And when the rental car agencies ran out of cars, they hit used car lots and bought cars to drive home. With no idea when the air space would open up again and allow the airlines to work through the backlog, that seemed the reasonable thing to do.

That depends on what country I'm in. Sometimes the cleanest most comfortable climate controlled place to be is the airport, and then sometimes the airline just "2 hrs" you for 2 days. I had that happen as well. "Well when you finally load up, I'll be sleeping in my tent over there in the corner..." Did that in Frankfort when I was 17.:D

I just had a friend whose flight out of O'Hare just got cancled. Seems the plane that was suppose to be use for the flight had a fish container spill in it and the smell was intolarable. That is the weirdest canclation reason I have heard so far. Now he's looking for a car to drive to MI in.

Missa

Back