Typical Time Building Partnership

FlyingTiger

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingTiger
I see a lot of adds over on Airline Pilot Central for time sharing in various areas of the country. I am assuming this involves taking turns flying with a view limiting devise and splitting PIC and SIC time. Is this correct? Are there other ways being utilized?

I see a lot of adds over on Airline Pilot Central for time sharing in various areas of the country. I am assuming this involves taking turns flying with a view limiting devise and splitting PIC and SIC time. Is this correct? Are there other ways being utilized?

...or more accurately, the safety pilot agrees to act as PIC and they both log PIC. It can also be done with two flight instructors providing instruction to each other, so they don't need to wear a hood.

Are these aircraft ownership partnerships, or partnering in a long term aircraft rental. I've seen it done both ways. It used to be a popular way to build multi time by buying a $50k Apache and putting a few hundred hours on it, and selling it for ~$50k to the next guy looking to do the same.

Some people are building time to reach 1500 hr requirement for the ATP.

Back