Typical Insurance cost on Cirrus sr 20

Johnny Costello

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Johnny Costello
Looking at getting my first plane. Considering a used sr20 2006 to 2008. Trying to get a estimate on total cost of ownership on different planes,

I have 400 hours, IFR, commercial, complex, high performance and about get my multi. What can I expect to pay for typical Cirrus insurance? Does Cirrus have a higher rate than say a Arrow or 182.

Contact a broker, not a forum for that. I’ll pm you mine, I’ve had a good experience with her.

Higher hull value will definitely drive up rates. Different companies price experience differently - some weight more heavily on time in type or fixed vs retract. Some give a big discount for thresholds of hours while some look for instrument rating or commercial. It’s easy to call a broker and ask what it would cost, though.

You can always call Avemco and ask for a quote on a plane you're considering. They're the only one who don't work with beokers.

As a rule of thumb, insurance premiums for landplanes seem to be in the neighborhood of 1% of hull value with good flight experience. A broker told me that a few years ago and it has been pretty accurate for all the wheels only airplanes I've owned or been insured in. I'm guessing a Cirrus will fall in line with this.

You have a nice flight resume, but insurance will also need to know how many hours under a canopy you have.

Back