Typical Instruction Rates

20-30$ in Puerto Rico for Flight Instruction. Ground Instructors usually make $20.

If you're looking to save money on training the best way to do that is a lot of self study and well planed out training flights. That could be the difference between finishing a PPL in 40-45 hour or 70 hours. Especially true with Instrument...

It sounds like quite a few schools charge more than what the instructor gets paid, so wouldn't that be for the overhead?

Overhead is one thing, responsibility and liability are another, IMHO responsibility and liability should cost and command more $ than your office ikea furniture.

You can run a decent little school with little overhead, it's just a matter of educating the students on what's important, spending your bucks in the right place and not getting into the fluff stuff, having TRUE professional is the key, you can get away with out having to impress clients with G1000s and marble floors when your CFIs are razor sharp.

I ran my old school out of the airport lounge, plane was kept outside, used renters insurance and separated the CFIs from the planes (as in fully), had a good liability waiver for whatever that was worth, had lease backs, simple site and DIY SEO and marketing, phone system was free and worked great forwarding to who ever was the phone guy for the day, my ROI was awesome, my students got top notch training and paid less then any of my competitors, my site also came up before anyone else's.

If you're looking to save money on training the best way to do that is a lot of self study and well planed out training flights. That could be the difference between finishing a PPL in 40-45 hour or 70 hours. Especially true with Instrument...

X1000

Also pick the cheapest airworthy aircraft you can fit in (ideally a taildragger or glider) and the best CFI you can find, ask around you might end up with a BYOC situation, Bring Your Own CFI.

The CFI is the difference between a $10k+ PPL with lots of hours and frustration spent, and a $6k PPL where you feel good and end up looking back like it was just yesterday that you had your discovery flight

Unless your a women then it don't cost anywhere near this. In one of my latest copies of one of the aviation mags I get monthly they had an article on how if you are a women you can get training for a 1/4 of what men pay. Maybe this one time it would pay to be a cross dresser or a Bruce Jenner type.

Oh puh-leeze. lol

Central NJ. $48 per hour for instructor, and $139 for a Warrior wet. At my flight school I get 10% off by paying $1000 installments instead of each lesson, so those numbers go down a little.

Back