Type2 diabetes

A

Anonymous 1234

Hi I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes and now I’m under Metformin treatment, I like to know the glycemic and A1C limit’s accepted by FAA. For this class diabetic under pills treatment, ( normal values under this condition ) NOT INSULIN.
Class1 medical certificate

A1C under 6.5 for my class 3. I think it’s the same for all classes. Mike?

There’s a difference between what the AME can issue in the office and what nees to go to OKC, regarding th A1C numbers.

There’s a difference between what the AME can issue in the office and what nees to go to OKC, regarding th A1C numbers.
Did you now the differences ? I’m really concerned about, I can lost my job

A1C under 6.5 for my class 3. I think it’s the same for all classes. Mike?
9.0 and you won’t be issued.

So in theory, 8.9 or less… but score that high and you demonstrating you aren’t in control, and your doc and AME have every right to be very upset with you.

But if you’re in the 8.0 and higher, I don’t recommend going in for the exam either… you’re still not in control and need to get it down.

Make the necessary diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes and get the A1C back in control and as close to that 6.5 as you can.

AFAIK, the only diabetic test any AME does is sugar in urine, and that isn’t going to provide an actual A1C.

But it is an indicator something is off if your kidneys are dumping sugar and you did not eat Captain Crunch or other high sugar breakfast.

So if you marked “No” to Diabetes on the application and the urine same shows sugar, the examiner is going to wonder.

The only way to get an actual and accurate A1C is with a blood draw and the sample goes to a pathology lab.

I recently discovered a chain called “Any Lab Teat Now” where for a “menu board” affordable cost, you can have them draw the sample and send it for analysis. Turns out they use the same pathology lab my doctor does. So for reasonable low cost, I use them for my “mid term” A1C so without hassling my doc or dealing with insurance madness, I gain get my current number.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back