Ty goes solo!

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
My student Ty Mitchell has been anxious to reach this milestone and today he made it! He would have soloed last week but some gusty winds conspired against us. Congrats to Ty Mitchell on his First Solo! Well done!

Attachments

• MitchellTy_FirstSolo_web.jpg
    MitchellTy_FirstSolo_web.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 97
You are like a pilot assembly line, they just keep coming. Nice and congrats to Ty.

Congrats, LD. Please pass on our congrats to Ty.

You are like a pilot assembly line, they just keep coming. Nice and congrats to Ty.

Thanks. I started another newbie yesterday, a referral from a terrific student I taught last summer. He's highly motivated and appears to be a quick study, so I suspect he'll progress quickly. That's always fun!

You need to stop this! People may just learn something from you!:)

Perhaps in spite of me! :dunno: :)

I've been blessed with great students and consider it a privilege to be part of their aviation education. I enjoy it so much I almost feel guilty being paid for it...almost. :wink2:

My student Ty Mitchell has been anxious to reach this milestone and today he made it! He would have soloed last week but some gusty winds conspired against us. Congrats to Ty Mitchell on his First Solo! Well done!

Loren, why are you so lazy? You mean you can only solo three students a week?

JK! Excellent job! I can see you're an excellent teacher who is incredibly enthusiastic, too. As a teacher, myself, I know that this is rare, but welcome!

Loren, why are you so lazy? You mean you can only solo three students a week?

JK! Excellent job! I can see you're an excellent teacher who is incredibly enthusiastic, too. As a teacher, myself, I know that this is rare, but welcome!

Keep in mind it's still winter in MN. I'll try to pick up the pace when we finally get some warm weather! :wink2:

Thanks!

Keep in mind it's still winter in MN. I'll try to pick up the pace when we finally get some warm weather! :wink2:

Thanks!

Right--you're from the Twin Cities! I have family out there. I bet they'll all be pilots within the year, and not even know how it happened!

But seriously, congratulations on your hard and dedicated work!

Congratulations to you both !
You and your threads are great examples of how we can get more people interested in aviation.
We need more threads like yours and less threads about plane crashes , my $.02.

Shane,

You have a pretty cool website! You should put your logo in your signature box.

Good luck to you.

Hey, thanks very much! I thought if I did that it would come across waaay to cheesy. But we'll see if I get any guff :)

Congratulations to you both !
You and your threads are great examples of how we can get more people interested in aviation.
We need more threads like yours and less threads about plane crashes , my $.02.

Thanks. I think aviation milestones such as solos, checkrides, etc. are worthy of celebrating. I still enjoy them as much as my students.

Thanks. I think aviation milestones such as solos, checkrides, etc. are worthy of celebrating. I still enjoy them as much as my students.

They certainly are. Reading your posts, I thought back to ten years ago when I first soloed, and nine years ago to when I achieved the PPL. The feeling was a flush with euphoria as when I received my doctorate or when I got married.

Making those cool montages you do is something that your students will cherish, and it is a rare thing, too!

Back