TX Lunch Meet-Up?

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Texas POAers, anyone up for grabbing lunch at Brenham (11R) on Sunday, Sept. 7? A friend and I are going then and I was hoping that some others can too. The restaurant there is awesome, and is pictured in the ConUS claim for the airport.

I hope some folks can make it!

Maybe I can work out something by then to make that a student's cross country. :)

I might could make that. I'll have to drive it, but it's not that far.

That'd be fun, PJ... not sure I can make it this time, but Brenham is one of those places I've wanted to visit, not only for the onfield restaurant but also to tour Blue Bell.

That'd be fun, PJ... not sure I can make it this time, but Brenham is one of those places I've wanted to visit, not only for the onfield restaurant but also to tour Blue Bell.

Well, I hope you can, Troy. You, Dave, and Spike should just fly together and split the gas cost in Spike's Bo. The on-field restaurant is fantastic, and I've heard that the Blue Bell tour is also, thought I've not done it myself. Unfortunately, they don't do tours on weekends.

I hope the DFW contingent can make it down!

Well I'd love to meet some POAers. So I'll represent ADS. Any other DFW area people wanna split the costs w/ me on a rental? Or anyone have a seat for me? I'll chip in for gas of course.

This still on?

I am "testing the waters..." here at home. Gimme me a few minutes.

Update:

No can-do. Family responsibilities and all that ...

Last edited:
I'm lurking but just can't plan that far ahead yet on that weekend. My plane may or may not be available and I have a conflict I'd have to try to get worked out.

Best,

Dave

Ummm... oops.

I thought it was today.

D'oh!

Nope, it's two weeks away, and it is still on! Mmmmm... Blue Bell milk shakes... I can't wait!

Believe it or not I've been there. Just dumb luck but stopped for food and gas on the way to KRAS a few years back.

I will be in Houston again sometime in Sept. If I can tag it on to the trip one way or another, I will.

Hey Guys,

I'm still planning on doing this... my friend and I are going to depart IWS in a 172 at about 10:15-10:20 or so. That should put us in to 11R between 11:00 and 11:20a. We plan to be there until about 12:45 - 1:00p before flying back (the plane is reserved from 10-2). Another friend might be meeting us up there in his Bo. Anyone else planning on coming?

Hey Guys,

I'm still planning on doing this... my friend and I are going to depart IWS in a 172 at about 10:15-10:20 or so. That should put us in to 11R between 11:00 and 11:20a. We plan to be there until about 12:45 - 1:00p before flying back (the plane is reserved from 10-2). Another friend might be meeting us up there in his Bo. Anyone else planning on coming?

I have it in mind to do, WX complying, PJ.

Gustav still blowing a gale, three more lined up in a row? I'd like to go, but taildraggers and 25G30 are not a pretty thing to watch. Wait and see.

I have it in mind to do, WX complying, PJ.

i'll be there. and i will bring with me 5G10..... hows that wayne?

Now that's what I'm talking about. Maybe even a couple more if you put them right down the runway. How far 'tis from ADS? I drove through there once, but wore blinders so I couldn't see the Bluebell plant.

i'll be there. and i will bring with me 5G10..... hows that wayne?

Awesome guys! It should be a fun little fly-in! I hope the wx cooperates so we can all make it!

I just checked weather underground (www.wunderground.com) and things are looking pretty good thus far.

Here's who I have so far, if you're planning on coming, please copy the list in your reply and add your name. If we get more than 6 people, I'll call the restaurant and see if we can get a table reserved.

PJ/Blair
Jeff/Donna? - Friends of PJ's
Spike
Jounin
Wayne?

Sky200809071500_us.png

Awesome guys! It should be a fun little fly-in! I hope the wx cooperates so we can all make it!

I just checked weather underground (www.wunderground.com) and things are looking pretty good thus far.

Here's who I have so far, if you're planning on coming, please copy the list in your reply and add your name. If we get more than 6 people, I'll call the restaurant and see if we can get a table reserved.

PJ/Blair
Jeff/Donna? - Friends of PJ's
Spike
Jounin
Wayne?

Hoping.

I won't be able to make it. I forgot that Sunday is the season opener for the Cowboys. I'll be at a pre-planned poker game leading up to a game watching party at a friends house. Poker starts at noon, game starts at 3:15.

I too am FIGMO for Sunday. Maybe next time.

I won't be able to make it. I forgot that Sunday is the season opener for the Cowboys. I'll be at a pre-planned poker game leading up to a game watching party at a friends house. Poker starts at noon, game starts at 3:15.

I'm out... something about student wanting attention, a II rating for me and revenue.

At least my CFII and sim time are free but dang if I want to see this CFII in a poodle skirt! :eek:

What'd we do, PJ, **** everyone off?

I don't know what it is, Spike. I'm glad you're still planning on coming down.

So:

PJ/Blair
Spike - are you bringing Celia too?
Allen
Jeff/Donna?
Drew?
Rich? - (all friends of PJ's)

Troy, Dave, Ray, and Ric, can you guys make it?

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, hope to catch you next time.

It looks like it will just be 4 of us, so I'll just grab a table when we arrive. When you get there, just look around for me:

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

Feel free to call my cell if you need to:

eight tree two - two tree six - two seven one zero

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, hope to catch you next time.

It looks like it will just be 4 of us, so I'll just grab a table when we arrive...

Ummm...

...three?

Looks like I cannot go, now... family obligations, for which I am very sorry.

well this sorta fell apart... turns out i cant go either. we'll have to try again soon!

Back