Two weeks later. How are we doing? (Forum performance poll)

How are we doing? (See the post)

• Super fantastic! Everthing is much better!

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Generally better, with occasional issues.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Did something change?

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Its a bit worse but not much.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the heck did you do? You SUX! Give me the old board back!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
It has been two weeks now since the official migration to the new server for PilotsofAmerica.com. (One week since the DNS entries were finalized.)

How is the new site doing?

Personally, I couldn't be happier. I've noticed a slowdown here or there, but I'm still in the completely satisfied category.

I still get the migration notice once or twice a day.

Personally, I couldn't be happier. I've noticed a slowdown here or there, but I'm still in the completely satisfied category.
I have only noted one slow down so far. I have not been on the chat room at 9:30pm CDT since the change over but it seems as though no one else, who is there, is saying that the slow down is still occurring.

I still get the migration notice once or twice a day.

Something is wrong somewhere between you and here then, because the DNS records that would point you to the old server expired a week ago.

On your computer try this:
Click start
Click Run
In the run window, type CMD and press enter
In the next window, type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS and press enter

Now watch what happens when you go to www.pilotsofamerica.com.

Tho if that works, it makes no sense to me. If the poa.com address were pointing you to the wrong server, you couldn't even post what you just posted...

Try flushing your browser caches as well.

The only change I noticed was the new competition from a certain purple place.

Much snappier overall with the occasional, "Aw screwit, Imma go surf somewhere else" delay.

Less of the latter than with the former provider.

Working well. Even the pictures in the photogallery show up (ya asked me to hold off asking about that until after the move).

Working well. Even the pictures in the photogallery show up (ya asked me to hold off asking about that until after the move).

I did. And as soon as we switched back to .com, I found out you were right - the configuration setting was wrong. ;)

It has been two weeks now since the official migration to the new server for PilotsofAmerica.com. (One week since the DNS entries were finalized.)

How is the new site doing?

Chuck,

Just ran into my first problem since the move - I got a couple of "Safari couldn't load the page because the connection was dropped. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy." messages, and then an "Internal Server Error" when trying to post a message. I also couldn't load other pages.

This was from about 2:20-2:23 PM CST.

Actually, still happened at 2:27 when I tried to post this one, but there were some intermittent spurts where I could load some pages between 2:24 and 2:27.

And now another Internal Server Error trying to post this one. Again!

I can't figger out why Firefox on Windows gets me the login page - with no New Posts button, while the same bookmark on Firefox on the Mac takes me direct to new posts screen

Time to edit my bookmarks I guess.

How do you get rid of the Fred Thompson bumper sticker???:dunno::dunno:

You put an even more annoying image in your signature. It still probably won't go away--but hell-- if you can't beat em'..join em!

Some body fix the chat room -----

it won't upload files in the share a file mode.

and it locks up almost every night .

Personally I'd just as soon the chat software didn't allow file sharing anyway.

Especially zip files. You can find all sorts of nastiness hidden in a zip if you're not careful.

As for the lockups, if you can give me specifics, I can look into it.

Personally I'd just as soon the chat software didn't allow file sharing anyway.

Especially zip files. You can find all sorts of nastiness hidden in a zip if you're not careful.

As for the lockups, if you can give me specifics, I can look into it.

Zip files could go away, OK but it won't load anything.

the only facts about the lock up is, you'll type some thing, click send, and nothing happens.

I've had some random slow downs and timeouts throughout the day. If I wait 60 seconds and refresh...everything comes through fine. I had Jesse confirm to make sure that it wasn't just me.

About a half hour ago, roughly 1830 EST, the site would not load. This went on for only about sixty seconds.

Other web pages were loading just fine, including the one that said my mutual fund went down again along with the Dow. :eek: Time to buy some more!

Back