Two questions about PPL knowledge test

cleared4theoption

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
For you CFI's

1. Does the knowledge test expire? In other words, since it may be some time before I get to finish the practical part, and then do my checkride, can I go ahead and get some ground instruction, get endorsed and take the test? Even if it may be a year or more before I actually go for my cert?

2. Would the PPL knowledge test also count for sport pilot? If I pass the PPL test, and decide to go ahead and go for sport pilot later, will I have to re-test?

Thanks

The knowledge test is good for two years. If you don't take your checkride before the end of the two years, you will have to take it again.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the LSA is a different test and the PPL test will not substitute for the LSA.

Hope this helps.

2. Would the PPL knowledge test also count for sport pilot? If I pass the PPL test, and decide to go ahead and go for sport pilot later, will I have to re-test?

Nope, it doesn't count. The Sport exam tests your knowledge on the LSA regulations, which is presumably why they don't allow it to count. Though I think the Private exam can count for recreational pilots...don't quote me on that though.

Back