Two girls set a kitten on fire, then laughed as it screamed.

John Baker

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John Baker
Here is a story about a kitten that two girls set on fire. The responses from the public were tremendous, which upset the people in the neighborhood where the crime took place, because no such attention was given to a boy who had been killed there a year earlier.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...tten-may-need-all-9-2580649.php#photo-2690566

When thinking of deterrent punishments for these girls, I regret that we are a civilized society.

I just noticed the date of the article, it happened seven years ago, I had assumed it was current. I guess it is still worth posting though.

-John

Last edited:
Wonder who paid for that. All the intensive care they gave him is kind of nuts for what appears to be a stray cat. Still sick and messed up what the girls did though; I suppose the dichotomy between our overreaction to animals dying and our apathy to humans is that we see animals as completely helpless creatures whom we must care for, whereas humans are capable of fending for themselves to some extent. Also, if the boy were tortured like the kitten were, the story would've gotten far more attention. Still very ridiculous, but despite my other thread, I get how people can be so outraged over some peoples' treatment of animals.

Run their names through the state criminal database. Torturing animals as a kid is a common thread with serial killers.

Isn't there already a thread on this?

Wonder who paid for that. All the intensive care they gave him is kind of nuts for what appears to be a stray cat. Still sick and messed up what the girls did though; I suppose the dichotomy between our overreaction to animals dying and our apathy to humans is that we see animals as completely helpless creatures whom we must care for, whereas humans are capable of fending for themselves to some extent. Also, if the boy were tortured like the kitten were, the story would've gotten far more attention. Still very ridiculous, but despite my other thread, I get how people can be so outraged over some peoples' treatment of animals.

From what I could gather from the article, donations came from all over the city, including enough to offer a $10,000.00 dollar reward to capture the culprits.

Now after discovering how old this article was, I wonder what became of the two girls.

-John

From what I could gather from the article, donations came from all over the city, including enough to offer a $10,000.00 dollar reward to capture the culprits.

Now after discovering how old this article was, I wonder what became of the two girls.

-John

The cat recently got hit by a car and died.

The two girls plead guilty.

Back