Two days of Fun Flying!!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
The weather has been kind of crappy around here but it cleared up and I have a chance to do some flying in the last 2 days.
Yesterday I took my little brother up for about an hour in the Cherokee, I don't know if anyone remembers the post about him flying MSFS and doing the solo all by himself, but he loves every minute of being up there. I let him move the controls and get the feel for everything. It's great, he doesn't know it but I am secretly teaching him things. He is just having fun, but he already picks up on radio calls and understands the pattern too.
Today, Grandpa called and my girlfriend, him and me went up in the 182, it was the first time I had flown it for a while. You can really tell the difference in power, it is just awesome. We flew for about an hour again today and then came in. It is expected to be pretty nice all week, so I plan to do a little or a lot more flying.
I have a picture of my little brother holding the controls and I will post it later.
Having a blast,

...and that's what it's all about!

I envy you for not waiting 'til you're older like I did.

First test of potential girlfriend: she has to like fly-to adventures. My bride does, and it is so cool!

Rudy;

I am so glad you are having fun flying . I can imagine flying the 182 after flying the 140 is quite a nice transition. Have fun learning and let us know your progress.

John

John J said:
Rudy;

I am so glad you are having fun flying . I can imagine flying the 182 after flying the 140 is quite a nice transition. Have fun learning and let us know your progress.

John
It is a pretty big step-up, but i enjoy it.

Here is the picture of my little brother holding the controls!!

woohoo! Sounds like an awesome weekend! Good luck on the girlfriend and flying. Maybe you can recruit her...

Great picture, Rudy! Thanks for posting it. Your brother looks like he's having a great time!

Elizabeth

EHITCH said:
Great picture, Rudy! Thanks for posting it. Your brother looks like he's having a great time!

Elizabeth
It is so great to see him, he just smiles the whole time! First time I took him up i figured he would be scared. BOY was I wrong, I actually had to tell him to sit still because he was bouncing all over making me nervous. It's an awesome thing to introduce it to him. I tell him maybe he can be my first student! Looking forward to many more hours with him in the other seat, whether it be left or right!!

NickDBrennan said:
woohoo! Sounds like an awesome weekend! Good luck on the girlfriend and flying. Maybe you can recruit her...
Haha, she loves it, but she said she doesn't have desire to learn, doesn't want the responsability. She said "you don't scare me, but I would scare me"

As long as she likes it, I don't have to get rid of her. HAHA

SCCutler said:
First test of potential girlfriend: she has to like fly-to adventures. My bride does, and it is so cool!

Must be! And Rudy's doing well so far, she made it to Gaston's! (I'm assuming the same one still, Rudy?)

Rudy said:
Haha, she loves it, but she said she doesn't have desire to learn, doesn't want the responsability. She said "you don't scare me, but I would scare me"

As long as she likes it, I don't have to get rid of her. HAHA

Rudy,

You've got it made - You can take flying trips with her, and you don't have to share any stick time! :yes: :D

flyingcheesehead said:
Must be! And Rudy's doing well so far, she made it to Gaston's! (I'm assuming the same one still, Rudy?)
Haha yeah still the same one!

flyingcheesehead said:
Rudy,

You've got it made - You can take flying trips with her, and you don't have to share any stick time! :yes: :D
My point of view exactly!!

Back