Two AirCams spotted in Bahamas

Bill Watson

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MauleDriver
Does anyone know what they (these 2 in particular) are about? Look like fun planes to explore the islands with.

Thought I saw one parked in George Town Exuma yesterday. Today I saw two in formation buzzing about Deadman’s Cay on Long Island.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There’s a fella here that flies a lime green Air Cam and does low n’ slow photography work with it. Looks like a fun airplane!

I would love to fly one.

...but my delegation skills are above reproach. Thanks for playing.
214d20355825b246648039d7bff2b158.jpg

Now that I’ve taken the time to read it, Thanks!

We are flying back home Tuesday and I think we’ll fly up to Stella Maris for customs and see if we can run into the AirCam group. I’ve seen the plane before but would be interesting to talk to some pilots and look at some versions of it.

This is the 2nd time we’ve inadvertently ran into a flying group - 4-5 years ago we joined up with an AOPA group at Fernandez Bay and flew with them to Staniel for the Grotto and the pigs.

No Bone fisherman unfortunately.

Love island hopping in the Bahamas!
6b38afb10087fd86276677957e5d881a.jpg

Wish I was there.....

While looking at another plane for sale in his barn/hangar, I stumbled into an Aircam last summer a little east of Cincinnati. Dude is supposedly a top builder of them. Gave me a big sales pitch on them but a slow float plane isn't of much use in Ohio IMO. Looked fun though if I lived or had a cabin up north. They almost look too cumbersome to fly. Alot of plane and weight for not much engine. Guy claimed he had flown from his private field all the way to Sun n fun in one, I was impressed.

While looking at another plane for sale in his barn/hangar, I stumbled into an Aircam last summer a little east of Cincinnati. Dude is supposedly a top builder of them. Gave me a big sales pitch on them but a slow float plane isn't of much use in Ohio IMO. Looked fun though if I lived or had a cabin up north. They almost look too cumbersome to fly. Alot of plane and weight for not much engine. Guy claimed he had flown from his private field all the way to Sun n fun in one, I was impressed.
Would be interested in talking to an owner/operator. My sense is that it is well powered with the twin engines, lightly loaded, and slow but big fun. Semi-open cockpit is always a kick.

I would love to own one some day, but dont understant how such a simple plane can cost so much. :(

Well, I went through there but was so intent on getting home I didn’t stop to talk. One AirCam with amphious floats was spotted but I’m sure a great time was had by whoever went. Great day today!

Back