TV Star Ted

Very cool, Ted! I'll have to DVR that one.

Thanks for posting, Pete.

That was one of the first Cloud Nine flights (prior to the formation of Cloud Nine). The Rescue Ink guys were great, although it was funny to see their reaction when I put a quart of oil in each engine in Kentucky. When I explained to them that these are big old air-cooled engines that leak oil like their Harleys they calmed down. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the episode. When I went to Georgia in August for the Georgia Puppy Caravan, they premiered the first episode of the series. They're a great group of guys doing some great work, I was glad to help them out.

Other funny thing: I never hear about this stuff directly. I always hear about it when someone else reads the article and eMails me/posts it. My boss eMailed me this morning and said "Hey Ted, is that your Aztec in that picture?" Checked it out... "That's not just my Aztec, that's me in that picture, which was taken with my camera!"

LOL AOPA didn't give you a prepress copy?

LOL AOPA didn't give you a prepress copy?

I've yet to receive prepress copies of any TV or newpaper articles about me or Cloud Nine. In this case, this was really an ARF mission that I just happened to be part of (although at the time I had planned on getting Cloud Nine going, the ball just hadn't started rolling yet). I did 600 nm each way out of the 800 nm each way total trip. Julia and Law flew them from KFRG out to KIPT, and then we hopped in the Aztec to fly out and back. Then another guy with a Cessna 310 took them the rest of the way home to KFRG.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to the episode. We were all wondering what exactly they're going to show - they took a ton of video, although obviously most of the flight was engines droning away as we flew.

Wow, Ted.. You're so famous, you're INfamous!!

Very cool! I'll have to remember to DVR it.

Well, I also want to have a copy for my records, so any DVRing is appreciated. :)

Ted
Just remember us little folks out here. You know you got you tv career started at 6Y9:wink2:.
You're doing this to get all the chicks right? Chicks love puppies,you devil you:devil:

Brad, I could never forget that bad hair day that launched my TV career up at 6Y9!

And as to getting females - I would've stopped long ago if that were my motivation, as it doesn't work. ;)

Excellent! Now I can say 'I knew him when...'
But how come no mention of your name in the AOPA writeup?

Brad, I could never forget that bad hair day that launched my TV career up at 6Y9!

And as to getting females - I would've stopped long ago if that were my motivation, as it doesn't work. ;)
Yeah, well they're all jealous of the hair! It would just be a daily reminder of their shortcomings!:goofy:

There was also no mention of any of the other pilots involved who took part in the transport. Julia organized it, and so she was the contact person. But that is me in the picture, taken with my camera.

Bump... This is tonight at 10 on Nat Geo...

Nice, very good PR for GA! My favorite GA media stories after the Angel Flight flicks that appear from time to time.

I am watching it right now. I think I saw like 3 seconds of Ted's plane

Well, would have been nice to see more of you Ted.... Saw your plane wingtip, stripes on the side as they let the dog in,... And the left engine start.... They very briefly mentioned ARF coordinated the flight.

Still, good to hear ARF on tv.

That suxs, I dont get the Nat Geo channel. Can someone record it please? I want to see it.

Didn't miss much (at least as far as POA related stuff is concerned). You did miss a lot of close ups of mangled dogs and stuff.

Was it just me or did anyone else think that "Big Ant" looks an awful lot Mike A with tats???

bio_ant.jpg

I feel cheated. An hour of tattooed tough guys and NO TED! He's more photogenic than those dudes anyway (though less tattooed, so far...).

I want to know what the one tough guy with the two daughters does to afford the Mcmansion on Long Island. That's got to cost some coin.

Hey, my plane was in there for 3 seconds!

It's how TV works. Expect about an hour of footage for each minute of airtime (except for TV interviews, where it changes somewhat). Really, the show is about the animals and the big tattood guys, not about flying. They only had about a 6-7 minute segment on this dog anyway. When we did the segment, we had no idea how much time they were going to spend on each animal story. We'd figured longer. Another problem was that we didn't have a good means of doing interviews in the plane. Since the guys talking is most of the show, that took away most of the material they would've wanted to use.

Back