TV Show The Aviators

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Why didn't I know about this? Oh and there is a female first officer on the jet starting at 4:50 which is cool.

what? The flight crew cleaning cabin seats, adjusting/inspecting pax seatbelts??

Why didn't I know about this?

Possibly because it's Canadian? Just a thought...

P.S. This is the first I've heard about it, too.

Possibly because it's Canadian? Just a thought...

P.S. This is the first I've heard about it, too.

I know but I mean I would have thought on all the forums I belong to somebody would have posted it by now. I watched their next episode with a private pilot in a simulator trying to see if he could land a jet.

what? The flight crew cleaning cabin seats, adjusting/inspecting pax seatbelts??

That was interesting - "they are involved in every part of the flight"

Some airlines encourage the pilots to help out with the cleaning/tidying up of the airplane. I guess Westjet is one of them. The pilots helping out is usually because they are just helping the flight attendants who have the actual job of cleaning the plane between flights. I used to help out when I worked at a regional if I finished my duties with time to spare. At most majors there are dedicated cleaning crews and "helping" would just be in the way.

Here's a video that has some more insight into airline flying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpyoZk4YJck

Got to love that survey.

Last edited:
Some airlines encourage the pilots to help out with the cleaning/tidying up of the airplane. I guess Westjet is one of them.
Heck, some airlines encourage the passengers to help out. I was on a Southwest flight that had been delayed by weather and was therefore behind schedule. Someone came on the PA and asked the deplaning passengers to cross the seat belts before leaving to help out the flight attendants so they could board the next group quicker.

Heck, some airlines encourage the passengers to help out. I was on a Southwest flight that had been delayed by weather and was therefore behind schedule. Someone came on the PA and asked the deplaning passengers to cross the seat belts before leaving to help out the flight attendants so they could board the next group quicker.

Really? I wonder how many of them did it. I know delayed passengers can be grumpy and possibly uncooperative.

Really? I wonder how many of them did it. I know delayed passengers can be grumpy and possibly uncooperative.

True enough; but there are also those who improve attitude by being included.

this show airs on PBS here Sunday nights at 7:30. not sure about elsewhere but i've got it set for auto record on the DVR.

The reason the flight crew of a regional jet help the cleaning crew is that they get paid cleaning crew wages for that time - which is roughly double their flight crew wages...

denny-o

I didn't really notice, but it didn't seem as if there was a lot of grumbling when he made the announcement. I crossed my seat belts but I am used to doing that since we straighten up our airplane after every flight.

I know but I mean I would have thought on all the forums I belong to somebody would have posted it by now. I watched their next episode with a private pilot in a simulator trying to see if he could land a jet.

I stopped counting after find 6 threads here on POA about this show.

Where can I download or watch this show online via streaming or bittorrent? I don't own a TV. :redface:

Where can I download or watch this show online via streaming or bittorrent? I don't own a TV. :redface:

Just Google the name of the show and they have a website. It cost $9.99 to view one season, $19.99 for 2 seasons. It's also on iTunes.

Just Google the name of the show and they have a website. It cost $9.99 to view one season, $19.99 for 2 seasons. It's also on iTunes.
theaviators.tv where you can view online or buy the DVDs. I found segments on hulu.com from season 1. Abaout all I can say is it should be an hour long show. They do a good job and I'd recommend it if you can find it locally.

Westjet employes all have shares in the company, pilots helping out to get the airplane ready is standard procedure on the majority of Wesjet flights, and also common sense. Everybody work for their interest... great system IMHO.

theaviators.tv where you can view online or buy the DVDs. I found segments on hulu.com from season 1. Abaout all I can say is it should be an hour long show. They do a good job and I'd recommend it if you can find it locally.

Great programs. They have a Youtube channel (in the OP) you can view partial episodes. Just enough to make you want to pay to watch. :rolleyes:

This POA lurker happens to be the producer and one of the hosts of the show! :)

I hope you're all enjoying it. We just starting filming season 3 and are working on Air Boss, our newest project!

Anthony

I hope you're all enjoying it. We just starting filming season 3 and are working on Air Boss, our newest project!

Anthony

Love the show. Never seen it on TV though, just the excerpts on Youtube.

What's Air Boss about?

You should check out a full episode. "Aviation 101" (an intro for non-pilots) was in our season 2 premiere which is available for free on iTunes at http://itunes.theaviators.tv

Air Boss is something that we're working on for commercial, prime time TV featuring Wayne Boggs (major league Hall of Famer Wade's brother) as he directs the world's best pilots at the country's best air shows.

The trailer is on the main page of our website.

Anthony:

Nice work!

If you ever decide you want to do some Texas filming, drop me a PM- lots to see and do with airplanes here...

Spike

Funny you should mention the Lone Star state. We're making plans right now to spend some time with Southwest Airlines and maybe pay a visit to the Commemorative Air Force in the coming weeks. That should have our crews in the Dallas area for close to a week.

Funny you should mention the Lone Star state. We're making plans right now to spend some time with Southwest Airlines and maybe pay a visit to the Commemorative Air Force in the coming weeks. That should have our crews in the Dallas area for close to a week.

Let me know when you intend to be here- would love to meet and, possibly, provide some modest point-outs. I am based at ADS, as is FiFi.

You may email me at scutler (at) cutler-smith.com

I love the show, and am another who wishes it was an hour or even more per week. I'm not a pilot but I very much aspire to be and the show certainly keeps the want to learn high.

I love watching the Aviators and I enjoyed Wings over Canada back then.

But one thing I still can't figure out... why doesn't Darren Adam have his own show?

For me, the most enjoyable episodes of Wings over Canada was when Darren took us aboard his old single engine plane to visit grass strips and people of the GA community.

I would love to see a show talk exclusively about GA, ultralights and experimentals and also, interesting strips and GA friendly airports, unkown accross Canada and northen USA. I think Darren has the talent and charisma to pull it off with success.

Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:

Anthony

Wow famous people on POA! I love the show and have been watching your You Tube channel non stop. I don't know if I've seen all the episodes yet but I hope to.

I also love that you have not only one but TWO female pilots and one is even a jet pilot. That is so cool (and they are cute too).

Kimberly

Thanks for popping in and posting, Anthony! Love the show, too.

You should check out a full episode. "Aviation 101" (an intro for non-pilots) was in our season 2 premiere which is available for free on iTunes at http://itunes.theaviators.tv

Air Boss is something that we're working on for commercial, prime time TV featuring Wayne Boggs (major league Hall of Famer Wade's brother) as he directs the world's best pilots at the country's best air shows.

The trailer is on the main page of our website.

PM sent to you.

Tailwinds,

Kimberly

I love the show, and am another who wishes it was an hour or even more per week. I'm not a pilot but I very much aspire to be and the show certainly keeps the want to learn high.

That's really touching. We love when we hear that. And both EAA and AOPA are excited about just how often we DO hear things like that.

As for 30 vs 60 minutes, you know the saying... "Always leave them wanting more" right? :)

Anthony

I love watching the Aviators and I enjoyed Wings over Canada back then.

But one thing I still can't figure out... why doesn't Darren Adam have his own show?

For me, the most enjoyable episodes of Wings over Canada was when Darren took us aboard his old single engine plane to visit grass strips and people of the GA community.

I would love to see a show talk exclusively about GA, ultralights and experimentals and also, interesting strips and GA friendly airports, unkown accross Canada and northen USA. I think Darren has the talent and charisma to pull it off with success.

Just my 2 cents!

I don't personally know Darren since Wings Over Canada and The Aviators are really unrelated. But I'm a big fan of his too. I know he starred in the last season of Wings before it ended.

Of course, we make sure that GA is amply covered in The Aviators but don't limit the show to any one aspect of aviation. If it flies, it's on The Aviators. There's plenty of topics and we plan on a very long run!

Anthony

I don't personally know Darren since Wings Over Canada and The Aviators are really unrelated. Anthony

Sorry Anthony, for some reason since I saw John Lovelace on The Aviators, I tought they were related somehow. My bad.

Then, consider Darren as a suggestion for a future host. Plus, he's a certified mechanic as well - he could bring something to the table for sure. ;)

Cheers and thx for keeping us up do date.

Re: TV Show... AIR BOSS

We're very close to a major announcement on AIR BOSS. In the meantime though we've created a temporary website for the show at http://www.airboss.tv if you'd like more info.

Thanks for the support and encouragement with Aviators gang. Air Boss is setting up to be some REALLY special too!

Anthony

Re: TV Show... AIR BOSS

We're very close to a major announcement on AIR BOSS. In the meantime though we've created a temporary website for the show at http://www.airboss.tv if you'd like more info.

Thanks for the support and encouragement with Aviators gang. Air Boss is setting up to be some REALLY special too!

Anthony

Anthony:

That looks like another hit in the making! Best of luck on it.

Come around often - you know well, Canada is "America" - only more so! :D

i have tried watching this but its very boring - too much like watching the news; the hosts need to be more personable and less like news reporters. doesn't compare to flying wild alaska.

Speaking of Texas, I know JD Ryan at one time was helping out with the show. Is he still helping out or was that a one time thing?

I love this show, and I've noticed a definite uptick in the quality of cinematography and features presentation in Season 2. Keep up the good work!

i have tried watching this but its very boring - too much like watching the news; the hosts need to be more personable and less like news reporters. doesn't compare to flying wild alaska.

The news??? Yikes! I think you need to check out season two. While neither should in any way resemble news, my guess is season two would be even further from it. It should differ almost equally from a reality show.

Nevertheless, in order to comment on the show you must have watched it. We thank you for that.

Anthony

Back