TV show about pilots.

You know Spike, you're right! I didn't even think about it in that light! I do so much there now that it almost seems commonplace to me... isn't that sad? We have a great event coming up on November 17, when we celebrate HobbyFest. The B-17 and B-25 from Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston will be hopping rides, and we're going to have a whole bunch of aircraft on static display - a SkyRaider, a Huey, an AC-47, our Lodestar and raffle Cessna 140, and many more. Probably will have a LifeFlight and Houston Police chopper, as well as a Stearman and a PT-19 on display too. That would be a good opportunity to stretch the legs on your Bo there, Spike. You should grab Dave and Troy and head on down to Hobby on that Saturday :).

Mike, this would be a great opportunity for filming, albeit a little soon. Hobby has to be one of the most GA-friendly Class B airports, if not THE most GA-friendly, and events like this go to prove it.

I am not aware of any other long-time airport that has managed to salvage its older terminal (even if HOU did it by accident), and that makes it a real treasure. I cannot stand in that place without hearing, in my "mind's ears," the sounds of big, round engines outside.

Would like to make it the 17th, but think that flying to Houston for a fly-in- on my wife's birthday - is not the height of common sense!

Ya' never know, though...

Hey, with the 17 and 25 you can REALLY hear the sounds of big, round engines outside on that day. But, with it being the wife's B-Day and all, I'd understand if you can't make it. Or, you could buy her a ride on one of them as her b-day present... ;)

Have you ever checked out Bob Bement's videos. If you haven't go to You tube and search skybobb videos. also check out Places and travel in You tube. I have some videos of flying into the back country of Idaho. I have always thought we should have a TV series about GA and flying adventures. Bob

Gosh, Mike, did anyone actuelly answer your question? Anyway, If you need an older retired guy that flies a (somewhat) antique (Cessna 170), I think it would be fun.
I might just be one of the guys that hang out at the airport, and my plane could be background. I live in Michigan, so some planning would be required, but we have relatives in California, so arrangements can be made. B)

P.S. That's my Corgi, Reilly - he's a great actor if food is involved!

Attachments

• 59 Charlie 02 sml.jpg
    59 Charlie 02 sml.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
  • C_B.jpg
    C_B.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Gosh, Mike, did anyone actuelly answer your question? Anyway, If you need an older retired guy that flies a (somewhat) antique (Cessna 170), I think it would be fun.
I might just be one of the guys that hang out at the airport, and my plane could be background. I live in Michigan, so some planning would be required, but we have relatives in California, so arrangements can be made. B)

P.S. That's my Corgi, Reilly - he's a great actor if food is involved!

And you didn't make our fly in?? FOR SHAME!!!!!!!! :D

And you didn't make our fly in?? FOR SHAME!!!!!!!! :D

Did I miss one? I didn't join this forum until recenty. Update me on where and when - I'll certainly try to make the next one.
Carolyn & I love fly-in's. B)

Did I miss one? I didn't join this forum until recenty. Update me on where and when - I'll certainly try to make the next one.
Carolyn & I love fly-in's. B)

We'll see you in Sidnaw for Prickett Grooms Labor Day Fly In 2008!

My producing partner, Frank Berin, and I are developing a series about adventurous pilots who are willing to fly to remote or unusual areas, such as Mexico, Central/South America, Alaska and beyond to assist in some kind of adventure/charity work.

Just to clarify you are looking for pilots who are willing to fly to remote or unusual areas. Not pilots who have already done this type of flying.

Back