TV show about pilots.

mikevogler

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MikeV N3919W
I work in the Television business (and am also a pilot, based at WHP and fly a PA32-260). My producing partner, Frank Berin, and I are developing a series about adventurous pilots who are willing to fly to remote or unusual areas, such as Mexico, Central/South America, Alaska and beyond to assist in some kind of adventure/charity work.

We are looking for several personality types, such as the older military pilot, the girl next door pilot, the beautiful young adventurous pilots, the housewife pilot, hot shot pilot, perhaps even a family with kids.

If you are interested, please email me a short bio of yourself along with a picture of you with your airplane to: Michael.Vogler@evolutionusa.com

Thanks.

What about the stay home dad pilot? Although, I don't have an airplane, haven't flown in seven years and can't really afford to start flying for at least a few more months. :dunno::(

Come on, guys. I'm trying to put together a TV show about GA. We need all the GA support we can garner. But I also have to consider what the networks will buy/fund/broadcast. So help me out and send me your pics.....

btw. I'd like to do a show in Alaska, too!

Mike

Come on, guys. I'm trying to put together a TV show about GA. We need all the GA support we can garner. But I also have to consider what the networks will buy/fund/broadcast. So help me out and send me your pics.....

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your request. Why would any of us be worth a crap at acting?

What about the stay home dad pilot? Although, I don't have an airplane, haven't flown in seven years and can't really afford to start flying for at least a few more months. :dunno::(

The armchair pilot? :) Sounds kinda like the "Flight of the Conchords" on HBO where their videos are better in their minds.

Sounds like a fun production Mike. TV and Aviation... two very hard markets. :) Just ask Tom Gresham who just found his way to the board here.

I work in the Television business (and am also a pilot, based at WHP and fly a PA32-260). My producing partner, Frank Berin, and I are developing a series about adventurous pilots who are willing to fly to remote or unusual areas, such as Mexico, Central/South America, Alaska and beyond to assist in some kind of adventure/charity work.

We are looking for several personality types, such as the older military pilot, the girl next door pilot, the beautiful young adventurous pilots, the housewife pilot, hot shot pilot, perhaps even a family with kids.

If you are interested, please email me a short bio of yourself along with a picture of you with your airplane to: Michael.Vogler@evolutionusa.com

Thanks.

Can we Nominate others?.... Hey Barb!!!! you've done it all!

psh, I've been to more states than her. LOL

I already sent my pre-rejection letter. :D

I always wanted to pretend to be an adventure pilot in a remote/unusual area. Does that count?

Jim Campbell!!!! Without a doubt the most famous of them all.

Where is Dave Sciliano, He'd be PERFECT for this. He is a vietnam vet flies the P-Baron and flew down to Mexico to pick up his neice a year or two ago when she and some friends got stranded during that horrible hurricane. He flew to Merida to get them they were bussed up from Cancun. It was quite an adventure. Hope he responds.

Will you let me fly in these exotic locales? In somebody else's plane with fuel (and bribes) on their tab? :D
If so, I'll waive my acting fee...

I don't really fit into the categories mentioned, but I have a 3-legged dog... that's good TV right there...remember Jack, Jake Cutler's one-eyed dog ? :D

I think this board has an exact cross-section of what general aviation is about. Is everyone pretty and adorable? Tall and handsome? Well, there's a few to fill the former, at least.

If you want reality, this is the place to look. If you want to "hollywoodize" what is really happening in a story, I'd think this is the very wrong place to look.

Just my opinion.

For the record, I think Tom Gresham's version of flying stories were damn good. Duplicate that and his experience... you may have something.

Well, heck, I'm a stay-at-home-dad in PA who DOES have the wherewithall to fly. The most exotic location I've ever flown to would probably be 7V6 (Camp Guernsey, WY), but I did land in Telluride in a snow squall.

Yeah, boring, most of my flying is in the Mid-Atlantic, but honestly, how many stay-at-home dads do you know, let alone those who fly? I thought so.....

:D

Well, heck, I'm a stay-at-home-dad in PA who DOES have the wherewithall to fly. The most exotic location I've ever flown to would probably be 7V6 (Camp Guernsey, WY), but I did land in Telluride in a snow squall.

Yeah, boring, most of my flying is in the Mid-Atlantic, but honestly, how many stay-at-home dads do you know, let alone those who fly? I thought so.....

:D

Let's go Pens! :cheers:

I nominate Hubby (who is beautiful only to me). He loves to fly our C-172 all over the country, went to work for an aviation software company for a considerable pay decrease, would love to get an A&P license (just because). He dreams of flying to Alaska and to Europe.

Here are some write-ups we have worked on together about our flights.
http://auntpeggy.home.att.net/StoriesWeekend42B.html (follow the links for additional stories)
http://auntpeggy.home.att.net/CATrek/CATrek1.html (our first cross-country flight)
http://mcmath.home.att.net//Hawaii06/Trip.htm (our Hawaii adventure)
Jan2002-2.jpg

Since the photo, his beard is greyer, but his vision is still strong.

Well, I produced and hosted 52 half-hour episodes of Wings To Adventure, a series about general aviation. It aired 2004-2006. Holler if there's anything I can do, even if just to discuss the business.

Tom Gresham
tgresham @ wingstoadventure.com

What about the people who post a lot on "Go fly america?"

I'm happy to provide a brief write up on the rescue trip to Merida, MX, if that would be helpful. I'd be the older military pilot profile. Don't know how adventurous this was: I coordinated with every one that would take a call including the Secretary of State's emergency coordinator; Mexican Embassy, Merida Approach, Tower, etc.

Good pilots take calculated risks once all possible alternatives have been weighted and taken into full account. Not much more risky than any night flight over the ocean in a single engine plane with no radio contact for a couple hours to your normal post hurricane disaster area <g>

Best,

Dave

Not much more risky than any night flight over the ocean in a single engine plane with no radio contact for a couple hours to your normal post hurricane disaster area <g>

oh yea, i do that ALL the time!

Mike:

Read this thread, and tell me: do you dare *not* meet this guy?

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4376&highlight=merida

He's a good egg.

Geesh! You mean this can still be found on here somewhere? How did you dig this up, Spike?

BTW, I perused this again and just had to say how wonderful it was to get all the supportive posts when I was considern this; several of you offered to come with me and others actually offered to come get me if necessary!! What a wonderful group of folks. It was just kind of heartwarming to read through all this again and see all the wonderful posts from fellow board members offering advise and assistance. Once we get Lindsay on this board (she still seems to be having trouble loggin on), maybe she'll see all the support I had!!

Best,

Dave

Umm... hang on... Wasn't Mike the one asking about single pilots, and now he's asking for pictures of good looking pilots?

I guess I deserve all the hits! But, hey. I'm taking my shot!

Mike

Well, I produced and hosted 52 half-hour episodes of Wings To Adventure, a series about general aviation. It aired 2004-2006...

Tom, I have not heard of your series. Can you tell me where I might watch it? Was it on Discovery or PBS? Will it air again? Or is it available on DVD?

I can put you in touch with my husband if you like. He was a pro Alaskan bush pilot for a while, has flown all over very remote places in western Alaska. He can tell you all about his flying, but he's also a professional videographer and can help with production too. If you ever are doing filming up here, let us know!

--Kath

I used to be a professional photoj/editor in TV news. I don't think my flying is all that interesting (though some of my CAs have some good stories) but if you have a spare camera or editing equipment and need a freelancer in the NE, let me know...you're combining two of my favorite things: TV production and flying - doesn't get much better than that.

.....and if you need any original music for the show, please let me know. I'd love to get in on something like that.

I'll go along with Teller. My flying isn't all that interesting (or existent, really, these days), but I'd be more than happy to do some freelance filming or editing here in the Houston area.

I'll go along with Teller. My flying isn't all that interesting (or existent, really, these days), but I'd be more than happy to do some freelance filming or editing here in the Houston area.

PJ, I'd think there's a great story segment in the 1940 Air Terminal Museum... your volunteer work there is great, and the stuff being preserved there cannot be reproduced elsewhere.

I think we should nominate Barb. First off she has that vintage Tri Pacer she landed at every airport in MI, and secondly I don't know anyone who has a better "Raccoon Hunting" story than her...:)

Pete

You know Spike, you're right! I didn't even think about it in that light! I do so much there now that it almost seems commonplace to me... isn't that sad? We have a great event coming up on November 17, when we celebrate HobbyFest. The B-17 and B-25 from Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston will be hopping rides, and we're going to have a whole bunch of aircraft on static display - a SkyRaider, a Huey, an AC-47, our Lodestar and raffle Cessna 140, and many more. Probably will have a LifeFlight and Houston Police chopper, as well as a Stearman and a PT-19 on display too. That would be a good opportunity to stretch the legs on your Bo there, Spike. You should grab Dave and Troy and head on down to Hobby on that Saturday :).

Mike, this would be a great opportunity for filming, albeit a little soon. Hobby has to be one of the most GA-friendly Class B airports, if not THE most GA-friendly, and events like this go to prove it.

Back