TV Reporters: Sweeps ain't worth the pokey

You mean that the media can't do whatever they want, whenever they want? :rolleyes:

However, in every jurisdiction I know of kidnapping requires that criminal intent to kidnap be proven. This arrest was a waste of time. Disorderly conduct or some other public disorder charge? Maybe.

We'll see if the charges get dropped, I expect they will and then, hopefully, get replaced with the real criminal charges. I like when they do real undercover reporting. That is to say expose something that is real and illegal, but these entrapment sweeps grabs are stupid and dangerous.

whats to stop a real kidnapper from staging a fake article then in case they were caught?

GOOD! I am SICK of the media thinking that because they are the "press" that the laws do not apply to them or that they are somehow above the law, or special.

I hope she gets jail time.

whats to stop a real kidnapper from staging a fake article then in case they were caught?
True enough, though it is almost certain that her TV editor was in the know about her assignment. This will never see the inside of a courtroom, and the reporter gets her own personal story ;)

If this woman wasn't idiot enough to do such a stunt, I hope she got something in writing from her station where they signed off on her doing the story. I see them running and hiding when it comes time to turn to them for all her legal woes.

Back