TV project

raider

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Food Flight
Shameless request here - I need 14 more 'likes' to get a page name. TV project I'm working on with a possibility of boosting GA interest in the general public. Focuses on the recreation side of flying. More info here - PAGE

Please like... if you like. Thanks!

Brent
~Take care/God bless

you signed it "Brent" but I was just gonna ask "Nathan? Is that you?" (my son-in-law)

He got his start working on "Unwrapped" (Food Network). I keep pitching GA ideas to him - so far none have sparked enough interest or hit the right hot-buttons for him.

Last edited:
Yes Greg, I've seen a few ideas out there and in researching found some comments about "producers need to wake up" with all the aviation possibilities out there. It's intrinsically rife with scenery and adventure, don't understand it. One production assistant my partner talked to in Bulgaria mentioned that the liability would be outrageous. If I was there I would've mentioned the fact that donkeys kill more people in a year than aircraft. Besides, my setup is virtually liability free - ha.

Brent
~Take care/God bless

Hey and big thanks to all that are liking the page!!

Brent
~Take care/God bless

Cute that you have a graphic there about Amelia's Landing! Jay and Mary must be ecstatic!

Cute that you have a graphic there about Amelia's Landing! Jay and Mary must be ecstatic!

You will be to, if you go there.

They're a first-class operation.

Yes, Jay and Mary seem to be great people - I've been contacting places like theirs and airfield restaurants and they've been more than happy to allow me to post a "Food Flight waypoint".

Yes Greg, I've seen a few ideas out there and in researching found some comments about "producers need to wake up" with all the aviation possibilities out there. It's intrinsically rife with scenery and adventure, don't understand it. One production assistant my partner talked to in Bulgaria mentioned that the liability would be outrageous. If I was there I would've mentioned the fact that donkeys kill more people in a year than aircraft. Besides, my setup is virtually liability free - ha.

Brent
~Take care/God bless

a.k.a. "I'm totally broke so no one in their right mind would sue me...":rofl:;)

BTDT and have operated on the same business model...

Page has been "liked", good luck.

:idea: I have a pretty capable and very photogenic airplane BTW....:yesnod:

ha! I hear you Henning - true but I was talking waivers and if you notice on Flying Wild Alaska, there's stationary cams in the cockpit; no crew. Almost like a Ghost Adventures filming, give the footage to a producer after the fact = limited liability.

Nice airplane BTW - noted!

Shameless request here - I need 14 more 'likes' to get a page name. TV project I'm working on with a possibility of boosting GA interest in the general public. Focuses on the recreation side of flying. More info here - PAGE

Please like... if you like. Thanks!

Brent
~Take care/God bless
14 more from where? Added my "Like" to it.
Good luck. Looks promising considering some of the competition out there (Guy Fieri and his classic car).

ha! I hear you Henning - true but I was talking waivers and if you notice on Flying Wild Alaska, there's stationary cams in the cockpit; no crew. Almost like a Ghost Adventures filming, give the footage to a producer after the fact = limited liability.

Nice airplane BTW - noted!

If the plane is flying to haul your camera, you hold some level of liability. That level gets determined by a jury. The simplest and cheapest way to deal with that may be to be a named insured on the aircraft policy which you can probably negotiate in pretty reasonably.

If the plane is flying anyway and your camera is just hitching a ride (like the Flying Wild Alaska show), unless the cameras can be shown to have some level of causality, you should be ok.

John - got the needed likes and I know what you mean!
Henning - interesting info and points, thanks.

John - got the needed likes and I know what you mean!
Henning - interesting info and points, thanks.

No worries brotha, give me a shout if you manage to do something. I used to run old schooners out in California. Worked with a lot of film and tv.

That was back in the early days of cell phones and I'd charge a $600/day cash deposit or I leave it in my car lol.... "Cabot Cove Boatyard" in Murder She Wrote was actually San Pedro Boatworks. That show paid for all our haulouts for 3 years straight to use as background shooting boatyard scenes. They would just throw these awful looking "Cabot Cove ME" homeport stickers over our Long Beach and San Pedro ones. It's a tough business to squeeze money out of, but once you get the cap off, the money flows pretty good from what I've seen.

Will do! I'm looking at several destinations in the south/southeast - my home.

Back