Tuweep Airport

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
Hi, does anyone here know the current status of Tuweep airport (L50) in Az? I found out about this strip a couple of years ago, and really wanted to visit there, but last year it was shut down. Last I heard there was an affort to get it reopened, but the last update I found was made in Feb of this year.

Tuweep Status

I am planning a trip from Wisconsin to San Diego this Thanksgiving, and would love to stop there if it is open.

Also are there any similar strips like Tuweep on the Grand Canyon ou could recommend. I'd prefer to be out of the way over the touristy places.

Thanks

Pete

Checkout the RAF, Arizona Pilots, and Utah Pilots Associations' websites for accurate updates. There's been a lot of effort by pilots to keep Tuweep and many other airstrip trailheads open.

vontresc said:
Hi, does anyone here know the current status of Tuweep airport (L50) in Az? I found out about this strip a couple of years ago, and really wanted to visit there, but last year it was shut down. Last I heard there was an affort to get it reopened, but the last update I found was made in Feb of this year.

Tuweep Status

I am planning a trip from Wisconsin to San Diego this Thanksgiving, and would love to stop there if it is open.

Also are there any similar strips like Tuweep on the Grand Canyon ou could recommend. I'd prefer to be out of the way over the touristy places.

Thanks

Pete

Back