Turbulence results in Pax death

My first flight as a jet PIC without another PIC onboard I had about 50 hours total jet time and got stuck with an FO who had done a whopping 3 flights out of CAE.

Scary stuff.

On what equipment? At 50 turbine TT? Legit crew-aircraft, or single-pilot jet being flown as crew?

I'm genuinely curious, I always thought make and model average times for PICs in the 91/135 side of the house hovered in the hundreds, owing to the much talked about insurance gatekeeping requirements people are always going on about on here. 50 hours turbine for the first PIC hour in a crew jet is pretty aggressive, especially if not being paired with a "senior FO" on the make and model SIC time front. Don't get me wrong good on ya, it goes to show people have been hyping up the requirements to be a jet captain around here if that's the environment out there in the wild.

On what equipment? At 50 turbine TT? Legit crew-aircraft, or single-pilot jet being flown as crew?

I'm genuinely curious, I always thought make and model average times for PICs in the 91/135 side of the house hovered in the hundreds, owing to the much talked about insurance gatekeeping requirements people are always going on about on here. 50 hours turbine for the first PIC hour in a crew jet is pretty aggressive, especially if not being paired with a "senior FO" on the make and model SIC time front. Don't get me wrong good on ya, it goes to show people have been hyping up the requirements to be a jet captain around here if that's the environment out there in the wild.

Lear 45. I don’t think it’s a difficult airplane, but it is a bonafide two pilot aircraft. I would like to specify that I only had 50 hours in a jet, but several thousand turbine PIC and about 750 ME turbine PIC.

I take it that they disconnected the AP (by proxy, turning off power to the pitch trim system) with an AP-HOLDING NOSE DOWN annunciation present. I've never heard of such an annunciation btw. Is that message existing precisely to avoid an AP disconnect lead to that pitch abrupt snap-up. Not launching with the rudder limiter fault notwithstanding, what would be the solution here? Manually trimming nose down until the annunciation goes away, then disconnecting the power to the trim system and avoid the wyle coyote cantilever thing?

Negative 2+ is abrupt. The level of pitch input phase lag to do that from a positive 4+ g is incredible. Surprised the thing didn't plastic yield something in that airframe. That's over-G conditions both in the positive and negative, in the same flight, for this aircraft certification standards. That's "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed" territory.

Not taking off with a known grounding item is 1st prize. Second would be running the right checklists for the trim issue.Third would be guarding the yoke to prevent the pitch excursion.

I take it that they disconnected the AP (by proxy, turning off power to the pitch trim system) with an AP-HOLDING NOSE DOWN annunciation present. I've never heard of such an annunciation btw. Is that message existing precisely to avoid an AP disconnect lead to that pitch abrupt snap-up. Not launching with the rudder limiter fault notwithstanding, what would be the solution here? Manually trimming nose down until the annunciation goes away, then disconnecting the power to the trim system and avoid the wyle coyote cantilever thing?

Negative 2+ is abrupt. The level of pitch input phase lag to do that from a positive 4+ g is incredible. Surprised the thing didn't plastic yield something in that airframe. That's over-G conditions both in the positive and negative, in the same flight, for this aircraft certification standards. That's "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed" territory.
I bet if they had ran the right checklist this wouldn’t have happened.
I can’t speak for that airplane, but for the stuff I’ve flown with an EICAS, the checklist title is verbatim what is written up on the screen. You have to make sure the checklist you’re using is the right one by cross checking with what the issue is.

Back