Tulsa, OK info needed...

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I might be making a Pilot-n-Paws mission to Tulsa Oklahoma after Christmas. Can someone suggest the best Airport for general aviation to use, along with the best FPO for meaning the receiver. Arrival time will be after 8:00 pm if that helps.

At the moment I'm thinking KRVS and Riverside Jet Center.

Riverside is a good choice. TUL isn't bad, but they do have a lot of it closed so taxi can be a hassle. Watch out for trainers at Riverside, it can be a busy place.

Where is that passenger going to end up?

I suggest RVS simply because of the work going on at TUL. Traffic at either place that time of night will be light. For FBO's Christiansen Jet Center is open until 10:00. I think Riverside Jet Center closes at 9:00. Both are good. Christiansen has a bigger building with a few more amenities. They are right next to each other so location really won't matter.

A tip for finding RVS - there is an 800 foot building that sticks out in south Tulsa. It's called City of Faith by the controllers. If you spot that building, the airport is in the darker area about 3/4 mile west of it.

I flew to RVS last Thursday.
They are awesome. When you land request taxi to Christiansen Jet center.
I just said Christiansen and they sent me to the flight school. I believe we landed around 9 PM and the place was still pretty busy.

While there, it would be awesome if you take an evening and go visit the Rhema Christmas light display (if it is still going on). It is the most insane thing I have ever seen.

Last edited:
I suggest RVS simply because of the work going on at TUL. Traffic at either place that time of night will be light. For FBO's Christiansen Jet Center is open until 10:00. I think Riverside Jet Center closes at 9:00. Both are good. Christiansen has a bigger building with a few more amenities. They are right next to each other so location really won't matter.

A tip for finding RVS - there is an 800 foot building that sticks out in south Tulsa. It's called City of Faith by the controllers. If you spot that building, the airport is in the darker area about 3/4 mile west of it.

I have another tip for finding RVS... It's next to a river ;)

Can't miss it. Christiansen is the place to go to.

I might be making a Pilot-n-Paws mission to Tulsa Oklahoma after Christmas. Can someone suggest the best Airport for general aviation to use, along with the best FPO for meaning the receiver. Arrival time will be after 8:00 pm if that helps.

At the moment I'm thinking KRVS and Riverside Jet Center.

The 3 puppies? I just signed up for the mid-Kansas to Denver leg. If I didn't already have a dog, none of the three would make it to Granby.

Flew in and out of RVS a couple times; would suggest looking over the airport diagram before you head out (not to mention having it with you). Its a very compact airport with lots going on. I have never been to the FBO (only private hangars) so it might be a simpler taxi on that side of the field.

Back