Tucson Fly-in KRYN 2nd Saturdays

CT4ME

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CT4ME
Starting Saturday February 8th, there will be a new regularly occurring fly-in at Ryan Field (KRYN) in Tucson.

The Fly-in will be on the 2nd Saturday of each month (normally Sept-thru-May), 8am-noon. Food is being provided by Todd's Restaurant ($8), in the pilot lounge area. Menu is pan omelet, link sausage and biscuits and gravy, coffee, juice and water.
krynflyin.jpg

Roger Lee in Tucson is organizing the event - (520) 574-1080

Friendly Reminder..... coming up next week... Feb 8th... Tucson KRYN Fly-in. Breakfast provided by Todd's Restaurant. $8 cash.

FYI... good turnout for the 1st time... about 150 breakfasts served! See ya' next month...

Reminder... This Saturday Fly-in... WX lookin' good. 8-11am

I was out of town, but heard it was good despite very gusty winds over that weekend. 'Served something like 85 breakfasts. Next month, there is supposed to be an Omlette bar.

Flew from Ryan up to Chandler that morning, ramp looked pretty packed so I would assume it was a success. Those winds were pretty gusty too, had us landing on 33 when I came back late that afternoon. Talk about a bumpy flight in a 150.

'Feel your pain... flew in from Mexico, into Nogales and then over KRYN to KDVT that weekend. Hellish winds and bumpy. Landed at KOLS with 25G35, mostly across the runway. Crazy.

Last edited:
R they still having these? I would like to ride share sometime.

Yes they most certainly are. I had forgotten about 2nd Saturdays as I hadn't been there on a 2nd Saturday in a while. Drove out there today for a nice saturday morning flight around Tucson and wow, what a collection of aircraft. You know your fly-in is getting good when you've got warbirds and jets showing up.

Back